Updating

BBAD has been quiet for a couple of hours so now might be a good time for me to do that upgrade. The site will be down for a few minutes to a few days depending on how this goes.

Relatively uneventful, although it took about 20 minutes.

By the way, looks like the problems from yesterday started with a 2 gigabit DDOS attack around 11pm my time. Irritating. Someone hates us.

Just one upgrade left. I’m doubling the storage space just as a bit of future-proofing. That means another 20 min down sometime today. After this we should be stable for awhile.

I don’t understand what I’m looking at. What is the yellow spike?

The yellow spike is some asshole attacking BBAD with a quite-impressive botnet spread over a few dozen countries.

I’m sorry you’re having this trouble. I hope your upgrade makes it work right.

All done. I think we’re good to go. No more upgrades planned and the site is working well.

Maybd it was the lithuanians.

Maybe, but if so they’re stupid. That’s why I keep the chat on a separate server, just so they can hack each other to death over there without bothering us. One of them would have to have gotten mad at another Lithuanian and decided to hit the main bbad.com domain instead of hitting the chat server. They’re not too bright so it’s possible. As far as I know, none of the rest of us are important enough to warrant this kind of attack, unless Nico is actually Mark Rutte or something or @MidKitten works for the CIA.

lol revenge of taya!

which is it?
i wouldn’t know a vpn if it was on a calendar

1 Like

No I don’t work for the CIA.

thats probably what a cia agent would say…

Hahhahahhaha

your secret is safe with me :wink:

afbeelding

Awe. That’s so cute!

should i have provided red text with my prime number graph?
i never know which fork to use either

shock and aw
they have a test for that downs thing
it’s widely available and written in red

Bloody Discourse wants me to update again. The site will be down for a few.

And again. Irritating how often this thing updates. I suppose it’s good, though. It shows active development.