Updating

That’s a good thing though, right? That it updates?

Yes, it shows they’re actively developing it and protecting against security vulnerabilities. It’s just a pain in the rear end for users if they happen to come to the site when I’m applying an update as the site will not respond (as it didn’t respond just now for about 11 minutes while I was updating).

is there an article to click on?

I have been lax with the updates and now Discourse is scolding me. Time to do another one. The site will be down for a bit.

That was uneventful. All done.

Discourse is pestering me to do an update. The site will be down for a few.

All done. Uneventful.

This update broke the links to chat, pom and fediverse. I need to update again to fix it. I’ll do it tonight. The site will be down for a bit tonight.

It’s time. The site will be down for a bit.

All done. Uneventful.

Another update. The site will be down for a bit.

All done. Uneventful.

I missed it!

I did another update. I forgot to post first. Anyway it’s done. The site was down for a few min.

I’m going in at midnight tonight. Clock change messes things up.

Yet another update. Discourse has been busy. I just did it with no warning which was impolite. I got away with it. No issues arose.

I didn’t notice. How do know the update was actually done?

When I log in as admin, I have a little screen for admin stuff. The Reg user (which I use 99% of the time) can’t see anything more than anyone else.

I wish our computer updates were that fast, lol. They are 4 hours every 3 months so we do them 1230 AM to 430 AM on Sundays.

The old PHPBB updates (pre 2018) took 5 seconds. lol. I don’t love the tech these guys have chosen but I have to admit it works and works well. I’m even thinking of creating a ham radio forum to match this one. I doubt anyone here will enjoy it though.