Ukraine

I have somehow managed to avoid the 148,000 side effects. Despite 3 jabs.

1 Like

Where are people dying from the vaccine?

1 Like

Me too! And planning a 4th when it’s available.

Most people are vaccinated here, so if you see similar death numbers between vaccinated and unvaccinated, it actually proves the efficacy of the vaccine. For example, let’s say you have a population of 100 people and 90% are vaccinated. Five die of covid, three vaccinated and two unvaccinated. The lunatics will proclaim “see, more vaccinated people died than unvaccinated!” This is because they’re not good at math. The reality is that 3 out of 90 vaccinated people died and 2 out of 10 unvaccinated died. The fact that more of the dead were vaccinated is entirely irrelevant.

1 Like

somehow i have avoided all the side effects of covid, monkeypox, birdflu, putinpest and bidenbabesiosis and all their vaccinations too!

thanks to the invisible pink flying elephant and the spaghetti monster!

#all lives and deaths matter :wink:

Yours matters less, Nico, since you don’t understand the mathematics of probability at all.

That was a joke, since “matters less” is a reference to probability, but Nico won’t get it. Well, perhaps he will now that I’ve explained it. Even then I’m not sure.

its all good as long as you entertained yourself :wink: (even if its nonsense as usual lol)

No, not as long as he doesn’t attack another country. Or should the world just watch?

Let assume Putin would attack any NATO member. The risk for a nuclear usage would be even way higher than the risk now in the Ukraine, even if the West would send all weapons possible or even with securing the sky. And yet in one case the West would accept that likely risk, but not the low risk in Ukraine. That‘s not rational.

the world is watching and lots of countries imposed sanctions against north korea and russia

putin might be crazy but he is not stupid; he knows if he attacks a nato member then he will have to deal with all members

its very rational; thats what happens if you meet the requirements, sign up and join a group and promise to help out if others in that group are attacked…

What if he attacked a country where the people don’t look like you, Gunda? What if Kim Jong Un attacked Cambodia? Are you still willing to risk nuclear war?

First, it is totally wrong to categorize the risk of nuclear war if the west intervened in Ukraine as “low”. I personally consider that risk to be very high.

Second, it makes perfect sense that NATO members would fight first for other NATO members. That is the purpose of NATO. All have signed an agreement saying an attack on one is an attack on all. No such agreement exists with Ukraine.

EDIT: Nico beat me to it. lol.

Reg, if I had math skills you couldn’t put your disdainfully hubristic arrogance on display. No thanks needed.

Indeed. So why not helping the Ukraine by

1. Providing the Ukraine with all the needed weapons which are available on the the market as well as in the Western countries own arsenal and
  2. Preventing the Russians from entering Ukraine ground by securing the sky?

Just like you I believe Putin is neither dumb nor crazy.

This war is going on in Europe. Not on Asia, Africa or on any other continents soil. It‘s right before my door step. With direct effects on my home country and Europe. Not just regarding refugees and costs, but Russia wants to gain the power to determine the future of Europe altogether. Only an idiot would bring up the race issue here.

Remember, that I supported that Western countries intervened in Kosovo, defending Muslims? Or that I supported Western countries attacking Ghaddafis Libya? Both solely out of humanitarian reasons. Contrary to the US or Russia in their engagements in conflicts.

And if North Korea would attack South Korea, I would advocate to actively support South Korea, despite it‘s not in the NATO. If we want that countries respect other countries borders, we shouldn‘t watch.

1. we are not supplying them with the expensive/good stuff because helping ukraine is not europe or nato’s first priority
  2. to setup a no fly zone would mean very likely direct confrontation between russian and nato aircraft, we dont want that

Exactly! Just don‘t know why that is. Other that the ones responsible are shortsighted and coward. Or just plain dumb.

Cowardly, perhaps. It depends on your perspective. Shortsighted and dumb? No way. It does not help the Ukrainians to have Europe enter WW3, and even if it did, the price is too high.

The price is even higher if Ukraine loses. For the European Union, the USA as well as Ukraine, Georgia, Kasachstan, Moldau and other countries which then have to deal with autocratic ruled military powers.

That is entirely uncertain. Russia has already paid a steep price for Ukraine, and they only have a small portion of the country so far. It isn’t clear at all to me that Russia would try to go further west, simply because as far as I can tell, they can’t. They simply don’t have the ground forces necessary.

Sacrifice Ukraine and there’s a very good chance this ends for a few decades, and since Russia is in decline, the long term prospects are best for Ukraine to regain its independence. Escalate this to a missile war and it’s almost certain that everyone loses, as Russia has thousands of long-range hyper-destructive missiles it hasn’t yet used. Yes, the west would likely prevail, but only after widespread destruction through Europe and possibly the world.

By the way, this won’t be the last redrawing of the map we see before most of us on this site die. We had best get used to it. Russia isn’t likely going to be the problem, either. China is.

The USA hasn’t been expansionist during its tenure as the world’s superpower. China isn’t generally, either, but it will likely take Taiwan and Tibet. It has already taken Hong Kong. There’s also nothing at all we can do to stop them without risking war and depression, and that is a foolish risk to take just to protect little imaginary lines drawn on a map which unsophisticated people treat as sacred. They’re not sacred. If the Chinese invaded North Korea, it would be a kindness, for example.

By the way, the Chinese generally have no taste in architecture so this could be an era of ugly buildings coming up.