Travels

In regards to the hot tub, I think I need a variance. There is a question of how close to the property line it can be. I was told 15 feet but I think the zoning woman is confused. Might need permission from the neighbor assuming the town is okay with it.

It would go on my patio. I could not have a deck in the back, due to the 15 feet.

The tree on the left is on my neighbors property. Its tough to see, but definitely less than 15 feet. TheThe fence i mean. The edge of the deck to the fence is 15 feet lol.

Your neighbour would have to be a dick to object. Doesn’t look very private though, if that matters. Maybe women don’t care these days.

All true lol.

I am in a tiny town in Colombia called La Ceja. We’re stuck in their flower parade. Probably three more hours for it to finish. I would never have come here on purpose had I known but now that I’m here, I love it.

I bet it smells good there.

Probably smells better than a butt sex parade. Maybe Reg would know.

I have been to huge butseks parades in both Vancouver and Toronto and I can inform you that I loved this unpolished, unprofessional, small-town parade a million times more than either. It’ll take me days to parse through the photos and videos I took but here are a few randoms. The bottom one is my woman. Things are going well lately. Not long ago we were talking divorce. Life is good.

1 Like

A few more photos of La Ceja.

I spotted some guy randomly singing tango from a window in one of the grittiest and most dangerous barrios of El Centro in Medellin. I begin to love this city.

The woman and I went to the Orquesta Filarmónica de Medellín at the Museo de Antioquia tonight. They’re brilliant. No, they’re not the London Philharmonic but Medellín is not London, thank God. The intimate concert hall in the Museo is magic and the orchestra plays their heart out, as though they haven’t yet learned to be jaded like we are in the west. I can’t remember a concert I enjoyed more. I also reflected once again on how much I love El Centro, perhaps even more so because most expats hate it. Yes, there were transvestite prostitutes and vagabundos sleeping on the street outside. I do not care. Let the gringos enjoy their Irish pubs in Poblado. My Medellín starts in Plaza Botero.

Tonight we’re going to some horrible pop music concert. I can’t stand the thought of it. Five hours of aural torture. Such is the price of marital peace, however.

This is effing awful but it is buying me some marital peace. I hope I never have to go to another pop concert again after this.

How can people listen to this noise for hours? That I paid real money to be here is one of the great absurdities of my life.

Good grief. I’m in love with her dimples.

It was truly terrible but she’s wanted to see this guy perform since she was a kid and was never able to before. To her it was a bucket list thing. Well worth the assault on my ears for a few hours in retrospect.

1 Like

I’m thankful your ears were assaulted too.

A few random videos I’ve taken in the last week.

Traffic lights are just more fun in Medellín.

Tonight we went to the Orquesta Filarmónica de Medellín in a church in the ghetto. I love that they perform in the barrios and comunas. The Orquesta Filarmónica de Medellín is not the best orchestra in the world but it is easily my favourite.

Street Violinist plays Despacito in the middle of El Centro (another ghetto).

Menu guys, Medellín. I’m not sure if this happens elsewhere but it’s common in Medellín. As you walk down the street, guys (and some girls) will present you menus from various restaurants. They’re usually not too pushy so it’s all good.

Church this morning in Bello. Ironic that Medellín’s most beautiful church is in one of its roughest barrios.

1 Like