Travels

I wonder how I fit into that can’t afford my house group. Mine should be paid off in probably 16 years. If I had no job, I’d have to sell it. We still owe 347000.

This guy just took on a $5000 monthly payment on an income of perhaps $8k/mo. He has no car.
He will be house poor for a few years until interest rates come down.

Oh yeah. That’s way worse than me lol.

That’s pretty much twice my mortgage.

Back home. Just landed at the airport and took the skytrain home. Some irritating Punjabi girl in front of us spent the whole train ride chatting loudly to someone with her iPods. We should be allowed to give people who do that low voltage electric shocks to dissuade them from being obnoxious.

This trip pretty much ended any thought of my buying a place in Toronto. That city just has less and less appeal to me and the hotel we stayed at near my mother’s apartment is nice and cheap, removing the need for anything more permanent. I left a suitcase at my mother’s apartment this time so I have several changes of clothes and all the necessities of life there. I can just fly there, rent a car, pick up the suitcase at my mother’s place, go to the hotel and be fine.

Drivers in Toronto are amazingly obnoxious. Far more so than Vancouver. The weather was awful, too. Again, far more so than Vancouver.

The little radio I bought my mother works wonderfully well. She can’t figure out smart phones but this thing has one button she needs to worry about. Push it to talk, release it to listen, and she’s fine with it. She uses it constantly and loves it.

A good trip. I’ll probably head back in a couple of months. When the weather is better.

That’s cruel. You need duct tape.

The next time you go see your mother you may be 20 lbs lighter. I know, you thought this through.

I took care of everything while you were gone. I even cleaned 3 years and 20 months of dirt from your blinds but I tried to get Dan to help and you’re right, he’s lazy. Don’t worry though. I warned everyone so I don’t think anyone will be walking on your white carpet with their shoes on again. You may have to pay for new carpet though.
Welcome back.

1 Like

10 kilos lighter would be fine. I might look a bit unkempt in loose clothes but I can make it work. 10 kilos heavier would be a problem.

Reggie dislikes carpet. Reggie likes wood floors.

It is not a problem Dramaqeenie. You can always run to the nearest shopping center and buy something bigger. You look better with more weight anyway and as long as you wash your clothes and brush your hair once a week, no one will even notice that you’re unkempt.

I’m not saying it’s a big problem. Just a problem. And yes, I could just buy clothes if needed. I don’t think I look better fat, which I am these days. This is me in Toronto three days ago. I need to lose 10 kilos. Note the pink watch I posted a few weeks ago here. And being unkempt is not likely to happen to me until dementia kicks in. Hopefully not for 30 years, and even more hopefully I’ll die first.

2 Likes

Looking good Reg.

I guess it’s going to be -40 on Saturday. I’m working, so I guess that’s a good thing.

Ty. Looking fat, too, but I’ll take it. lol.

You look good, Reg. Healthy! Just keep that watch strapped arm over your spare tire, nobody will know you’re 20 lbs overweight lol.

1 Like

I guess it was -109 in NH today with the wind chill. Too cold.

That’s exactly the plan. lol.

Ugh. I hate cold.

As unimportant as accents are to me, I thought this was entertaining.

When do you go to :colombia: again?

We are booking :norway: today for june. 1 day in Amsterdam. 1 day in Denmark. 7 days in Norway.

The flights are $2000/person round trip which seemed high but maybe not with gas and inflation.

Hopefully in a couple of months. Isa is still recovering from her cancer surgery or we’d be there now. Her recovery is going well so we’re really hoping to be there soon.

Nice! Sounds like a great trip. Nico doesn’t live in Amsterdam so you should be safe.

Just the flights? That’s irritatingly high. It’ll be a $10,000 trip by the time you’re done.

[quote=“Reg, post:647, topic:92”]

i would personally go for 2 weeks in norway instead… but enjoy!

no real dutchie would want to live in amsterdam lol
iam also a real pacifist; i dont even hurt americans! :wink:

1 Like

Norway does sound nice, aside from it being freezing cold and having the occasional Nazi go kill a bunch of white children because he doesn’t like immigrants (don’t ask me to explain that, I can’t). Go now, though. With a birth rate of 1.48 live births per woman, they are dying out fast. I hope you get to see the fjords. I always wanted to see those.