Travels

Oh ok. June is pride month here.

It is here too, usually. Vancouver just does it in July. The gross Toronto parade is on June 26 and I have encouraged my mother to stay home that day.

we are having a parade for people who chose to not bring children into this world
catholic priests
gross faggots
overweight canadian punks
et cetera

Went to Edmonton today. No reason. Flew there in the morning, flew home at night. Rented a Chrysler 300 which impressed and surprised me. It’s an older, blue-collar city but it’s looking good. They have a stunning new art gallery we spent some time in. We even visited the West Edmonton Mall and watched an ice hockey game in the middle of the stores. I’ll post some more pictures when I have energy to prune them, which might take a few days.

1 Like

This is why I’m worried about spending half the year outside Canada again.

Eleven days to be exact. I finally got to it.

1 Like

There is a malll in Edmonton that I have always wanted to visit.

I don’t think I have been that far North though.

I took several photos of that mall. They’re in my album above but I’ll post a few here.

2 Likes

Looks like a fun day. Art, swimming and a hockey game, although I guess I don’t have any artistic taste because much of it looks like the work of little children.

I don’t have much taste in art either, but I really like their building. Edmonton is also very alive and has a vibrant downtown core. It’s very blue-collar, though. I wouldn’t want to live there but it was pleasant to visit. I have no great desire to ever see it again, though.

I assume you’re talking about that weird shaped building with a twisted steel ribbon running through it? I admit, the steel is a unique touch in an otherwise boring structure.

No doubt. You can view Edmonton from your saved photos.

I love water parks lol.

This is boring?

No, it’s just unusual.

Is today your birthday?

Tomorrow. I will be 57. Life has never been better for me. I hope I get a few more decades of this, but if I die tomorrow, I will be content.

1 Like

Happy birthday Reg! You were 4 days old when Lyndon Johnson signed the medicare and medicaid act. Perhaps his best move.

2 Likes

Thats so awesome. Here’s to many more. :coffee:

I have a gift.

:love_letter::red_gift_envelope::love_letter:

Wrapped it all by myself :hugs:

Isaiah 60

Happy Birthday, Reg :confetti_ball:

1 Like

happy birthday dutch brother! :wink:

1 Like

I’m off to Bogotá. Just a visa run to keep my permanent residency alive. I’ll be sporadic for the next 24 hours, then will probably be here 24/7 for 4 days as I will have nothing else to do there. lol.

1 Like

what do you mean nothing else to do there?
play some tejo! :wink: