Travels

Lovely photo. You owned a ski boat? Do you water ski, Reg?

I had a sailboat (below). I loved it but I also hated it. I should’ve gotten a powerboat. I may try again in a year or two with a powerboat.

Beautiful boat. I can only assume it’s a lot of work. Did you give your craft a name?

I called her Callisto (the second largest moon of Jupiter).

1 Like

How likely is a ship collision Reg?
1 person hurt when cruise ships collide in Mexico | FOX 5 San Diego

Was it hard to dock? Did you see this? This could have been worse.

Not very in the greater scheme of things, but many do happen every year. Lots of compilations on Youtube of ship collisions.

Bill likes wood, Wood more wood for Bill.

My travels are pretty modest these days. Walking to Canada Place. Having lunch at the Olympic Flame. Everyone has forgotten the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver by now, including most people here. Nobody ever talks about it anymore. We are not world class in any way but I like my city. It is a good place. I am happy to call it home.

i dont care for those tall buildings but that combination of mountains, trees and clouds looks gorgeous

We are different people. Without the tall buildings, there would be little to do here. Even tonight, we just went for a bike ride (20 km, which is long for me). We stuck to the seawall, which is the path along the tall buildings by the water. It’s paved and safe and nice to ride at night. I am hoping doing this a few times a week will help me sleep better.

not that different, not that many people cycle at night lol

I don’t really believe that so I had to Google.
Even if people don’t “talk” about it. There have been plenty of images to keep the memory alive and images can keep a memory alive for a very long time. When a big name brand causes controversy, their image is tarnished forever. The backstory is not interesting but the images have kept the story alive. Thank you, WWW.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5q587ZwYdmDju5Pc7

I thought it was interesting that Lululumon objected to this artistic work after being scolded for their own artwork.

Just cycled 30 km with Isa around Vancouver at night. Longest ride I’ve ever taken I think. Certainly the longest in my adult life. Too many kids out on Saturday. We’ll keep doing this but on weeknights.

EDIT: Thousands of people out. Mostly young but all ages represented. No masks to be seen.

1 Like

My longest ride was from lakeland, fl to Tampa,fl (about 60 miles). For about two years a bicycle was my sole transportation.

1 Like

That seems like the healthiest thing I could possibly do, but I am too lazy.

No way I could do it now. I was young and life was still promising.

We cycled another 20k tonight, but this time with a lot of hills. I nearly died. I hope to get better at this. Isa nearly died too, and she’s better at this than I am usually.

nice…lol i know that feeling from when i decided to start running again, not so much with cycling

practice wont make you perfect but it should get easier :wink:

I saw 41°C on my car’s dashboard thermometer today. Bloody hot here.