Travels

Twat is new.

why don’t you edit it?
is your free speech being oppressed?

Went to the Museum of Anthropology at UBC today. Beautiful place. Click to view the album if you care. All shots were taken with my phone so it’s not my best work.

1 Like

nice, thanks for sharing
that motorcycle looked out of place to me lol

did you smile while looking at all those interesting objects?:wink:

who is bill reid?
why does he have a rotunda?
i don’t have a rotunda
all i have is this crummy pipe
made out of maple
which is both a wood AND a flavor
keep your rotunda
if you can

I’m rethinking Iceland.

oak is also a flavor AND a wood
mostly applied to wine though
as in-
subtle after tones of pine
just kidding
nobody likes pine
it is the oklahoma of wood

i like that
i’m gonna do it again
if you drop the extraneous Bs from the BBAD BBS
you got some bad bs
bbad is the oklahoma of chat rooms

Yes! The ceramics, too, were out of place but not as much as the motorcycle. The natives didn’t do the ceramics. That was the work of European migrants. There was an entire area given over to what immigrants did but it was generally far inferior to the work done back in their home countries where they learned it (and then emigrated to Canada).

Often, yes, but nobody could see it through the mask. The museum is selling timed tickets now. Our ticket was for 1pm and we had the museum pretty much to ourselves. In the days of crowds, I would’ve loved the idea. In the days of Covid, I miss the crowds.

PS: My POM looks ugly on phones. I might change it early.

awesome and lol@missing crowds

Very nice. I have found I dislike native American art more than any other.

But if you dislike it, why is it very nice? :slight_smile: Or do you New Englanders just say everything is very nice even if you hate it?

Also saying you don’t like native art is a hate crime here in Canada.

I think it is beautiful

1 Like

Me too. I actually think most of the work there is beautiful. I do not share Dan’s dislike of native art.

very nice

I think it is beautiful. Maybe it is new England native American art I don’t like.

1 Like

That’s actually quite possible. I never liked native art when I lived in Eastern Canada. Very different style. This west coast stuff is beautiful to my eyes, though.

1 Like

Walked the Seawall by Stanley Park in downtown Vancouver yesterday. Those ships are waiting for their turn to dock and unload. They are a permanent sight on the Vancouver seascape.

1 Like

Canada Geese near where I’m staying. Totally unafraid of people. The marina in the background is where I had my boat (sold a few years ago).

1 Like