Tiny houses

I googled the price. $580k. Stupid.

Maybe in California.

The more I think of it, some land in the middle of nowhere with gravel road access would cost $50k and to plop a Chinese container home on it would cost another $50k and then another $50k for making it liveable and another $50k for water/septic/power systems and itā€™s just getting too expensive to be attractive.

When I am able to escape the crazy prices of Sydney, God willing, the NSW/Queensland border will be my final voluntary move ā€¦

I thought you said Queensland is full of trailer trash.

I just returned from a wedding which took place in this church on Lake Bled, and daydreamed a move there, which I always do when I visit somewhere magical, but realistically I can no longer bear the cold ā€¦ and Brexit has reduced European options.

Yeah, it is which is why I would keep to the NSW side

I totally get that. Itā€™s 25Ā°C in MedellĆ­n and I am wearing socks and warm pants in the apartment. I much prefer 28 to 30 these days. Iā€™m heading to Vancouver in a week where it will be bloody freezing for three months. Not looking forward to that.

BTW, can you actually live on that tiny island or did you mean fantasizing a move to the general area?

The area of Lake Bled, only the church fits on that island!

Why are you returning to Van in winter???

Temporary insanity. Actually I had some health problems this year (diabetic ulcer, I think I told you) and I havenā€™t been back for almost a year. Need to see if my apartment is still there. Need to make some decisions. Maintaining two households is bloody expensive but itā€™s fine until emergency strikes and then itā€™s a giant pain in the ass. The car especially is causing me grief. I hope itā€™s still there.

So if you decide to reduce where will you settle? If I can ask, how are things in matrimonial world?

Where on Earth is of course the big question. I love a little city on the ocean called Cartagena but itā€™s bloody hot. Weā€™ll see. I am acutely aware that if I had rented out my apartment for the last four years instead of maintaining two households, I would have an extra $200k to waste. On the other hand, itā€™s nice to know you have a place to go to if it hits the fan. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s $200k nice but itā€™s nice. Weā€™ll see.

Things are vastly better on the marriage front. Itā€™s like nothing happened and itā€™s all new again. This wonā€™t last, of course, but itā€™s nice for now.

Good AC fixes the heat, somewhere warm near the ocean is perfect. Glad to hear re marriage, swings and roundabouts ā€¦ nothing can ever be perfect and wouldnā€™t it be boring ā€¦

How about you? All well in Aus? Youā€™re happy rejoining English speaking civilization?

Perfect place for a church. In the middle of a lake.

Speaking of tiny houses and trying to figure out where to live, what are you driving these days Ju?

I have the most boring car imaginable, but I like talking about them.