The POM

One more week of a chess pom. Then the Candidates will be over. I don’t know why I care about the Candidates this year. I didn’t the last several times a challenger was chosen.

1 Like

There is a women section as well. They seem to have fewer draws because of more mistakes. The 2 in the lead are from China. There are 2 from Russia, 1 from Ukraine, 1 from Bulgaria. She is quite good looking. 2 from India. No Americans. The women’s champ is from China. It looks like she’ll face a Chinese woman.

1 Like

None of them do much for me. Salimova is the Bulgarian. Lagno looks like she’d be pleasant, but one shouldn’t jump to conclusions based on a face shot.

The Wailing Wall, Jerusalem.

1 Like

Antigua, Guatemala. Photo Credit: Me, yesterday

2 Likes

It’s bicycle season again. Photo Credit: Me again. I’ll go back to posting good photos next week.

1 Like

Guatemala photos?

I’m still pruning the album but here’s what I have so far. I started with over 500 photos so it may take some time to prune. I’m still working on the Museo de Arte Maya on down.

2 Likes

Great photos but you never said how the trip was. Did you enjoy your vacation?

I loved it. So did Isa. Gorgeous hotel with amazing food, breathtaking museums, an ancient city with cobblestone streets, and friendly, welcoming people. I finished pruning my photos.

PS: Next time we’ll try hiking the volcano (2 hours hiking uphill, one downhill) and maybe even the pyramid (8 hours hiking). I’ll need to be in better shape for those.

2 Likes

Or snorkeling…you can always snorkel. You didn’t go snorkeling did you? You took some great photos. Glad you enjoyed yourselves and made it home safe.

I dislike snorkeling. Unpleasant sea life and sea water. The ocean should be enjoyed from behind a window.

1 Like

That said, Isa and I enjoyed the ocean from the bike lanes around Stanley Park yesterday. As long as I don’t get wet, the ocean is fine.

1 Like

From the sublime to the ridiculous, I present Ludwig Erhard Haus in Berlin, Germany.

1 Like

After a week of ugly German Borg-like architecture, I present you a sicky-sweet photo of spring flowers.

1 Like