Russia

Today in LA. It’s about the same here.

1 Like

More Russian soldiers have died so far in the last 2 weeks than American soldiers died in Afghanistan in 20 years. I wonder what percentage of russians support the war.

It’s an odd thing to be ok with completely destroying cities and people’s lives, trying to force change on them, and think that sounds like a good idea. Even if russia won this war in 2 hours, any aftermath on forcing change on a foreign country for a long time sounds exhausting.

Noted

https://

From Newsweek:

Brett Hartl, the government affairs director at the Center for Biological Diversity, also noted more drilling permits were approved in the first year of Biden’s presidency than during his predecessor’s first 365 days. The center found the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands last year, outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

No, Michele, and neither has Russian media, which means it is probably nonsense. You might want to entertain the notion that relying on Telegram for your news is only slightly less silly than relying on TikTok as you did in the past.

Previews are disabled so I’ll post the headline here.

Candace Owens calls out anti-Russian discrimination

https://www.rt.com/news/551581-candace-owens-declares-russian-lives-matter/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

Looks like the russian troops are starving.

1 Like

If you could turn into putin and kill yourself, would you?

Good.

No, but I would hope someone else would.

not so ineresting

Aww, really? Are you sure? Don’t you read Newsweek? I know you do because you have posted articles from it.

You might want to entertain the notion that Telegram is the only reliable source for information available. You might also want to entertain the notion that TikTok is nothing more than a source for entertainment. To confuse its purpose is your mistake.

telegram is twitter from russia
funny that gracie likes it
COMMIE!

RT is pravda on steroids
funny that reggie likes it
COMMIE!

https:/

I didn’t word that right. My mistake.

From AP:

Depends what you mean by reading Newsweek. If I google something and Newsweek pops up, I will happily read that article. If you mean do I wait for each issue of Newsweek to be released and read it from cover to cover, certainly not.

Ok then. I think you look silly posting all this conspiracy stuff, but it harms nobody, really. I also think that in a few months, you’ll have forgotten this conspiracy theory entirely and will have moved on to the next one about how Zelensky is a pedo or whatever.

No, I mean, you read it’s articles because you consider it a reliable source for information.

I don’t care if I look silly but I don’t understand how you can say it harms nobody when innocent Ukrainians are dying in order to keep it covered up.

I can tell you haven’t thought this through since I’m more than willing to move on to that next lie the MSM is more than willing to cover while corporations continue to boycott anyone who attempts to expose it.

If a search result offers me an article from Newsweek, I may click it. I decide if its credible after reading it. I do not believe everything Newsweek says, but I certainly consider the organization more reliable overall than your lunatic Telegram groups.

They’re not, Michele. This theory that the invasion is about a series of nefarious biolabs that the US government was running in Ukraine is a fictional creation of a group of lunatics, of which you are one. If this was the problem, Putin would have said so instead of stating very clearly this was about Ukraine’s western geopolitical ambitions.

Russia just banned Instagram. I normally wouldn’t care, as Instagram is unusually stupid, even among large social networks. Perhaps TikTok is stupider but none of the others are. It’s clear we’re moving into a period of history where Russia is going to again be behind an Iron Curtain. We won’t know what’s going on there and they won’t know what’s going on here. It won’t be as bad as the last Iron Curtain as neither side has yet shown any desire to cut off the Internet totally, but the ready availability of Russian content to those of us in the west is almost certain to decline drastically, as is the availability of alternate viewpoints to the Russians. This is, in my opinion, incredibly unfortunate.