Russia

I think if China tries invading Taiwan, they are honestly insane. They’ve seen what economic sanctions can do. Very few people predicted they could be this devastating. They have ruined the Russian economy overnight. If China risks this, they are imbeciles.

It would be a dumb move. I hope you’re right.

1 Japanese Yen equals

0.0087 United States Dollar

can i get an exclamation mark?

This is escalating in words. Putin is now a cornered animal. This might not go well.

Putin does not have support for this disaster at home.

I always thought he was evil and a little crazy, but not stupid. Now, I think he’s all 3.

I object to the word “little”. He could have gone down in history as a stable world leader, incredibly successful personally, presiding over the rebuilding of Russia after the fall of communism. Now he’s going to be up there with all the recent despots and, if this escalates to nuclear war, he’ll take his place beside Hitler and Stalin.

Well. Certainly not little anymore. A month ago, I would have said so.

Now, Italy has stepped up. Seems everyone hates Russia except China and Belarus.

I remember darryl was a defender of russia. When the two russians that bombed the Boston marathon were caught, I said they were Russian. He told me that they weren’t russian, they were from Chechnya. They were both. I wonder if he likes putin.

Looks like most bars here are ditching the name moscow mule for kyiv mule. Calling them mule would probably be fine, but it looks like most are ditching russian vodka.

i don’t even know how to spell puerile

The world is going down a path I’m not comfortable with. Russia is being cut off totally, even from speech. Now they’re trying to sever its ties to the internet. How long before we’re unable to even see their side in writing?

No more Netflix there. Anonymous looks like they were able to hack Russian news channels and actually broadcast the war from other nation’s coverage to the Russian citizens.

I wonder if putin realizes he made a mistake or maybe he doesn’t like Russians and is pleased with the outcome so far.

He knows. I no longer think he’s particularly smart but he’s smart enough to know he f’d up. This is a disaster for Russia beyond anything he imagined. His own personal wealth, importance and power have all been decimated. He totally miscalculated the response and he has thrown away his place in history, which until now has actually been fairly positive. He was a dictator but he presided over the recovery of Russia. Now he’s Kim Jong Un on his way to being Stalin.

[quote

Noted

If that is true, it’s a good thing. Burning gas is a silly way to power vehicles.

That said, I suspect the Saudis will loosen up production and the prices will stabilize quickly.