Reality Videos

Fearless!

Weird!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-drowning-911-call-arkansas

She had resigned so it was her last shift. It appears deliberate. She should be charged with manslaughter or be held accountable in some way.

1 Like

I don’t feel she’s responsible. She’s just a horrible person.

She had one job and failed to deliver so I agree. Horrible person.

If she didn’t contact a 1st responder or police officer than I agree. Manslaughter. Otherwise, no crime.

(Then)

I doesn’t seem to be clear.

“Authorities responded to the scene 12 minutes after she dialed 911”,
but because of the floodwaters, it took more than an hour to reach Stevens’ vehicle – and by the time police and firefighters were able to secure the car, Stevens had drowned.

Speaking for my own opinion, it’s clear to me she did her job so there is no crime here and she should not be charged. It’s also clear to me she was a bitch about it and is a horrible person. She is in no way responsible for the death, however.

Your mercy is sneaking out again. I’m not sure we can keep allowing you to participate, Reg. You never think anyone should be held accountable.

That’s largely true. I think prison is generally a waste of time, and I would definitely enact a statute of limitations of ten years for all crimes including murder. I would even make it illegal to keep negative credit information more than five years old on anyone. I’m into rebuilding, not rebuking.

So you think people like Charles Manson should be allowed to participate in society after demonstrating no ability to behave the same way the rest of the world is expected to?

1 Like

I actually like the idea of something besides prison. I think a great deal of people who go to prison could excel if they were sentenced to a better education. In reality, not everyone can be rehabilitated.

No, I said “generally a waste of time”. That doesn’t mean “always a waste of time”. You see, there are two components to the justice system, preventative and punitive. The punitive part is a waste of time in my opinion. It’s costly and achieves almost nothing. Unfortunately, this represents probably 99% of the prison system. The preventative part is very logical and would apply to Charles Manson and other people who are simply dangers to society if let free. I would definitely maintain prisons for people like that.

By the way, don’t think I’m soft. I’m in favour of things like chemical castration for serial rapists and pedophiles and so on. I just don’t like these huge institutional prisons we build for people.

Just saw this. There are few things I agree with more.

2 Likes

I’m currently selling Dali and Rembrandt paintings. Aerator spikes. A mirror. And a small storage rack. I almost bought a freezer chest. I don’t buy too much crap but it’s more to do with being cheap, rather than neat.

Almost everyone accumulates too much crap in their 30s and 40s. In their 50s, they tend to clue in that it’s crap. By their 60s, there are really only two kinds of people. Those with storage lockers full of shit they can’t bring themselves to throw away, and those who have learned and pared their lives down to a handful of things almost all of which they use on a daily or weekly basis.

I’m giving the paintings and the spikes for free to friends. This thing is 44 inches tall. 1 foot between each level. It shakes because it weighs less than 10 lbs. I don’t even want to give it away for free so I might dump it. Some lady wants the mirror though.

40x28

You’re doing great to dump stuff. You might be the youngest person I know who does that. You’re probably going to buy a hot tub that will be dumped later so your score isn’t perfect. lol.

1 Like