Reading

My god you are crazy

I also finished another complete re-read of the Old Testament. This time around it was the NIV version and from a recovery Bible I received for completion of a program. It has reference to 12 step programs for alcohol/addiction recovery every few pages using stories and verses in the Bible. I have read King James with similar side notes about teen issues such as stealing, lying, cheating, tempers, obedience, gossip etc.
I think it better than just a plain old bible because it gives practical usage for everyday situations and temptations. I’ll work slowly through the New Testament now, just knowing when to read and when to pause and wait until it is relevant or just a need to play catch up.

What drug addiction were you recovering from?

I was going to march on over to the bookstore to pick up a copy of James Comey’s book A Higher Loyalty. I listened to a sample of the audiobook and was considering its worth over the book.
I got a lot back of myself and sense of worth and value from it.

He has the publication in German too it looks like. There is a shorter audiobook The Comey Memos I will probably purchase. Comey has strength and intensity that surprised me and I think this is a better as a primer for that reason.

I thought the book at first because his voice seems so tired from reading…but I did not have to listen for that.

Reading books on your phone can be fun and interesting especially if they have color charts, diagrams, pictures or illustrations. Sometimes it is just too much of a headache and glare and the information comes across different to me, more like absorbing light rays rather than reading so I find myself idling sometimes.
But some books may seem too silly and childish to read yet have immense benefit and greatly increase intelligence and communication. How did I do that for myself? I bought 5 books in a series of tongue twisters for kids on Apple Books.

I was able to pull myself out of mental dumbness with slurred speech by turbo charging my articulation. I spoke naturally with a variety of accents and was even able to drop some hard grooved speech patterns I had and speak in clearer ways.

What I learned is that it is too easy to focus way too much intelligence on pronunciation and speed. Some people even tend to speak in a manner so carefully to avoid stumbling on words in a tongue twister. If you have ever wondered at the base or origin of how and why a person sounds and speaks the way they do, it could have been probably early imprinting of tongue twisters. Maybe this focuses more on use of different areas of the brain in proportion to others. Thus the conveyance of words may have a scrambling effect to the listener making the speaker seem more intelligent. There is a certain tone and demeanor I found myself speaking with repeating these tongue twisters. I think they can be overdone and top end and freewheel too much. Also there is a danger of getting stuck speaking in the rhythm and cadence pattern. You can pool your speech like you can pool your intelligence and mind it seems as I was able to speak for myself like many I have seen do before large televised audiences.

1 & 2, Funny, Halloween, Christmas. It really did a lot for me to get out from public speaking and overall speech debt. Also from getting out of bad speech slurs and dumbing mindsets. Nice illustrations too, and you have to remember although they are written for children they required quite some adult effort to write.

Some people will speak in a manner that they prioritize for never getting ridiculed for a tongue twister slip and suspicion of their actual intelligence and vulnerability of mind. If you overcome this communication obstacle, you can make friends with people who you may never have thought would be your friend or actually improve a friendship or phone call.

Try doing a themed book aloud and see how your personality suddenly breaks and changes and the surge of power you get from being able to say them with any authority or arrogance.

A 5 book series like that could be all you need for a career in politics. Just overclock and run.

Have you tried audiobooks, Mark? I quite like them. I listen to them in bed. I never finish any as I fall asleep before they’re done. lol.

Yes Reggie I have. I have listened to Friedrich Nietzsche from The Giants of Philosophy series by Professor Richard Schacht and read by Charlton Heston. I also have listened toThe Art of War by Sun Tzu on audiobook. I still own both but have no interest in listening again as they still are loud in mind though pushed back a decade.
Right now I am about halfway through the Comey Memos which are not read by James Comey. I am doing very little at a time as it comes in lightning fast and can be confusing despite the clarity.

You’ll learn.

You bought them? I just listen to them on Youtube. Tons of audiobooks there.

I like to read in different lightings.
image image

Reading Bram Stoker’s Dracula right now on my nook. Despite the black and white nook being so plain and having seen dozens of Dracula movie remakes, tv episodes, anime and comic books it is still coming through like a powerful first time experience. More powerful in the visual just by reading the literature. Getting close to finishing then probably a stop to the classics for awhile.

Try this one.

How many pages is it?
Nook offers a lot of free books and so does apple. Sometimes nook doesn’t show the number of pages. I take a risk every now and then for 1.99 or so and get a 2-3 page book. You can still get your money’s worth from anything. Apple always shows the number of pages but sometimes things are missing
I started reading The Wraith series (not the movie with Charlie Sheen but there is also a movie of the same title with added : eyes of judgement) by Dirscherl. I liked the cover (I saw it first on my black and white nook with the two eyes on the front of the costume looking a lot like Venom. The first book said it had 5 good photos in it from the movie, but it was missing that and the prelude to the next book entirely. Still good to read and the covers are in color but a bit smaller on my iphone. It’s a good character similar to Batman and the Ghost Rider, like Batman with a Penance Stare. The author said he modeled the character after the classic Shadow and the classic Spider. It does have some good crime fighting tips and tricks. I am probably going to follow the entire series and maybe end up buying the DVD. I do have a few Batman comics and I did purchase the animated series along with Superman. Might get newer versions of those too.
Nook will offer a few books free that are the first in a series to get you hooked. I remember I read a lot of very perverse and vulgar alien stories when I was trying to get into sci fi again. I read a sci fi book Zero or something like that. It was about some youths that have no bodies but are in some type of space suits for battle, the whole disconnection from mind and body and overempowerment was a turn off. So was finding out there were several other books in the series.

Comey memos were enlightening seemed like a lot of paperwork.

I can plan my own curriculum.

Finished up Dracula by the way. The last paragraph summed up the attitude. Whom the lady was lovelier for.

1 Like

480 pages

Do you ever read any books by Kurt Vonnegut?

No I already purchased a few classics when I resume reading, some quiet lengthy. I need to clear those first.