News Priorities

Yeah, you still got time. Took me a lifetime to find the right one. Turns out we were both just tired of the bullshit and wanted to live in peace with someone. Best woman ever in my life.

1 Like

Top story in my Canada news brief. Canada really is becoming a bit of a weenie nation.

Couldn’t have said it better Will

1 Like

That should fix things.

1 Like

This kid killed three people (including two children) in California.

These two kids killed three people in Canada and are currently on the run.

They seem to be making a good run for it. One of those guys is very tall and I’m surprised they haven’t spotted them yet. Not sure why they killed the people but the public advisories are saying not to approach them.

They have nothing to lose now. I doubt they want to live their lives in prison. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they kill some more. They just don’t look like what I’d expect mass murderers to look like.

That’s what I was thinking. Especially the kid on the right. I wonder if they’ve been baptized.

Not sure what it is with kids going postal lately. From here it looks like they all had pretty easy lives. The two Canadian kids worked at Walmart which isn’t great but is hardly anything to go on a killing spree over.

I think they’ve just grown numb to all the violence they’ve seen on games and media all their lives.

Another US mass shooting, this time in El Paso. Surprisingly this one is making a bit of news. Most mass shootings go barely-reported lately. The one in California a few days ago that killed an adult and two children plus the shooter has already been largely forgotten.

Corey Booker posed a good question. If we license people to drive cars why not license to own a gun. Allow manufacturers to be sued.

Shooter was trump supporter, anti immigration. AK47.

Texas is an open carry state. So much for the NRA argument of the “good guy with a gun fighting back”. Had to be plenty of armed citizens around.

I just don’t understand the argument against licencing. I have often said if I lived in the US, I would probably get a gun. I would have no issue going down to the local police station and applying for a license.

All of that said, the problem is that many of these mass shooters have no criminal history and would easily be approved for a license. It’s a mess.

ABC and NBC are both reporting at least 19 dead. I wonder what the shooter was mad about. Probably darkies and immigrants, but I should probably wait until they find his manifesto. Now everyone will play their role. NRA & Republicans: mental illness. Democrats: the time for words is over (which they will say using words, in fact the same words they used for the last hundred mass shootings). Jimmy Kimmel will do a teary speech on his nightly show and a bunch of Hollywood megastars will tweet. Then nothing will change.

1 Like

What I has been reported so far is that he had a problem with immigrants. He posted on websites 4chan and 8chan which are nutjob websites. I hear he’s getting rave reviews on those sites. I would look but I don’t want them in my history (or worse). Your analysis of the response is spot on. Now we wait for the next one.

Odd. Fox news had a lower death count.

At least he’s in the El Paso jail. Everyone there, including guards, are hispanic.

1 Like