News Priorities

Your wait is close to over, Michele.

The charges fit the crime. The prosecution has a slam dunk if they use the basic lack of fire arm safety angle. Always check your firearm, especially one that isn’t yours.

If that were the case, he would stand trial for murder.

Not likely. The producers of Rust emailed Gutierrez urging her to spend less time on her gun-handling and training tasks to make time for her other props duties. She believes she’s being sabotaged. I don’t think it’s anything personal against her. Whoever put the bullet in the gun had an agenda.

Do you think it was on purpose?

Well I don’t think the gun loaded itself. If Baldwin truly didn’t know it was loaded, whoever loaded the gun didn’t care who died.

Murder is a defined term with intent and premeditation. Capital punishment is closer to murder than this.

Read the article. They were having issues with misfiring blank ammunition. One way to eliminate the firearm being the issue is put a live round in it and see if it fires. I bet whoever loaded it put more than one in, and nobody checked the rounds in the chamber when it got handed off. Negligence at worse on Baldwin’s part. Charges fit his crime.

Not my words. Source cited below.

Involuntary manslaughter occurs when a person unintentionally, but still unlawfully, kills another person. And a prosecutor will need to show the unlawful nature of either Baldwin’s or Gutierrez-Reed’s actions to get a conviction in this case.

To convict someone of involuntary manslaughter, a prosecutor has to prove that the defendant acted either recklessly or with criminal negligence.

To prove someone acted recklessly, a prosecutor has to show that the defendant was aware of the risk they were creating with their actions – like a drunk driver crashing into a car and killing a baby and her parents. In contrast, the charge of criminal negligence is filed when a defendant is not aware of the risk, but a reasonable person in the position of the defendant would have been aware of the risk. For example, if someone rents out an apartment without smoke detectors and there is a fire that kills the occupants, the owner of the apartment could be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

The question for a potential jury is whether Baldwin was guilty of either reckless or criminally negligent actions that resulted in the death of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer on the “Rust” set.

The prosecutor is alleging that Baldwin had a duty to ensure that the gun and the ammunition he used were properly checked and that without doing that check himself, Baldwin should never have pointed the gun at anyone. Although that is what the prosecutor is claiming, a complicating factor is that there was another person, an on-set safety person responsible for the weapons and ammunition.

To convict Baldwin of manslaughter – assuming the case goes to trial – the prosecutor will have to convince a jury of two things. First, that Baldwin could not reasonably rely on Gutierrez-Reed to do her job and ensure that the gun did not have any live ammunition in it. And second, that Baldwin acted recklessly, or at least with criminal negligence, by not checking the gun and the ammunition himself before pointing the gun at the person he killed.

Probably is involuntary manslaughter.
Guilty. No jail time.

Nope. Five year minimum. Again not my words below, and source cited at the bottom.

Under New Mexico law, involuntary manslaughter is a fourth-degree felony and is punishable by up to 18 months in jail and a $5,000 fine.

However, if convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act, there will be a “sentencing enhancement” because the manslaughter was committed with a firearm. Under New Mexico law, that carries a mandatory five-year prison sentence.

Right. The no jail time is my opinion, lol. What a ridiculous sentencing that would be.

Do you think alec baldwin will ever touch a gun again? I don’t.

2 Likes

The Baldwin’s seem to do anything for a dollar, so yes. I say he does.

I don’t recall you posting an article but if you do, I’ll read it.

How convenient.

Even if there was more than one bullet in the gun the question remains, who loaded the gun.

It was premeditated murder and Baldwin participated.

He shows no remorse imo. He probably cleaned his own gun over the weekend. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was holding a gun in one hand and a script in the other as we speak considering the production of Rust is set to restart this month, which speaks volumes of his concern for the family of Hutchins or her memory.

Well, if he is found guilty like I said he should be and serve 0 days in jail they could say since he is found guilty that he is not allowed a gun license.

I think he has shown remorse, but not responsibility. His lawyer may have told him to not accept responsibility, publicly.

I meant the one posted originally by Reg.

That’s what the investigation/prosecution needs to figure out.

Doubtful. Chances are that firearm was passed through 2 different sets of “expert” hands before being given to Baldwin. Hence the involuntary manslaughter charge. If it was premeditated, they would have charged him with such.

I think he’s part of the cabal of pedophile cannibals that Trump was trying to save us from. What ever happened to them? Did Trump just save us all and go golfing?

If he were really remorseful he wouldn’t restart production.

Good advice. He should have taken it.

If charges were brought against him to appease the public, you seem contented.

Baldwin is one of the producers. Now why would he encourage Gutierrez to focus on other duties? He and his co-producers conspired together behind closed doors.

They are investigating Alec Baldwin.

I’m content in knowing the justice system, in this instance, has it right.

Justice system lol? I probably shouldn’t laugh about this but I can’t help it. I don’t believe we even have a justice system anymore. Lawlessness abounds.

In news today, the DOJ has already sent word to Jim Jordan that they will not be releasing any documents the GOP may request. We already know the Supreme Court refuses to hear anything that is related to the 2020 election. And society is so backwards in thinking that we are actually defending people who shoot at our law enforcement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3822457-doj-signals-to-jim-jordan-that-it-wont-share-information-about-pending-investigations/amp/