News Priorities

he recited the 3 magic lines, doesnt that mean reg is saved now and welcome into your heaven?

1 Like

Not just reciting the lines. I was baptized by immersion in water after confessing my sins and repenting of them. I also believed then and believe now that Jesus is the Son of God. I just also happen to believe that Mary had a little lamb whose fleece was white as snow.

1. Jesus taught that whoever “believes and is baptized” will be saved (Mark 16:16).
  2. Peter connects the forgiveness of sin to baptism (Acts 2:38).
  3. Peter taught in his second epistle that baptism saves us (2 Pet 3:21).

you poor thing… hmm maybe there are other criteria why @AgeofGrace doesnt want you in her heaven?

Yes, it sucked actually, but whatever. I did it in the big baptism tank at Broadmoor Baptist Church when I was about 14 or so (I can’t remember exactly).

I note that nowhere in the Bible does it say I am not allowed to believe that Mary had a little lamb or that Alice fell down the hole and landed in Wonderland. These are not other Gods and I am not putting them before the Christian God so the first commandment doesn’t apply. There’s also nowhere in the Bible that says I have to call myself a Christian. The Bible just says I have to believe and be baptized, so as far as I can see, I’m fully qualified.

no wonder you have these weird ideas and thoughts
i know this wont repair your brain but maybe you can sue them for child indoctrination / molestation

They didn’t molest me and I won’t sue anyone. I admit I was a bit afraid the pastor would try to touch my thing but he didn’t. It was fine.

I started reading a lot of Heinlein after that. He was a huge influence on me in those years and I regret that somewhat as I now disagree with almost everything he wrote. Heinlein believed in multiverses, multiple universes each with a different reality.

I still believe in those, in a way, although I’m not convinced everything isn’t just a matter of perspective. Take the camera from inside my eye socket and move it to Wonderland and Alice becomes real and I become the fiction. There is almost nothing real about reality beyond the fact that we think it is real imho.

The world I see is drastically different from the world you see, and the world Michele sees doesn’t even much resemble the one I live in. In her world, a fat orange hero named Donald is trying to save us from corruption and pedophile Democrat Satanists by nominating them to high positions of power and then firing them to show us how corrupt they all were. That doesn’t mean her world isn’t real. It exists in her mind, and my world exists in my mind, and Nico’s world exists in his mind.

Given this, Jesus is real. He exists in the minds of millions of Christians and, again, move the camera into their minds and Jesus is real and I am a work of fiction, or a heretic, or perhaps just a prick, depending on the perspective of the viewer. Or I am a believer, as I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

so basically after all these years you are saying:

what is real to one…

:wink:

1 Like

No, it’s more subtle than that. The natural conclusion of that sentence is “what is real to one is not real to another”. That is not what I am saying. I am saying what is real to one is also real to me because I acknowledge its reality to them. Jesus Christ is real to me, even if he isn’t readily apparent in my reality, because he exists (powerfully) in the reality of others.

The Hindus often greet each other with Namaskar which means, “I bow to those Gods within you who also live within me”. My variant would be, “I bow to those Gods within you even if they do not live within me”. They exist within you, and that makes them real to me.

lol what is more subtle and a natural conclusion to one… is just another dutch brother finding out what is important to him :wink:

its very interesting to me how and especially why people interpret things in different ways

“what is… to one…”
is it nonsense, is it an insult, is it an acknowledgement and a sign of respect? is it all of the previous? is it important or not important at all?
as long as it makes you feel happy and it doesnt harm anyone, who cares? :wink:

Interesting. Jesus was called the Prince of Peace and advocated for free speech.

Open your mouth on behalf of those unable to speak, for the justice of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, plead the cause of the poor and needy.

• Proverbs 31:8-9 TLV

They should sue him for refusing to let go of his thing in the baptismal.

(Telegram: Contact @realKarliBonne)

Which is it?

Most likely? You’re trying to pass off your uncertainty as a sure thing and you want me to have faith in it? Can you add anything that can strengthen my faith in your uncertain belief?

Again, you’re encouraging the world to put faith in your belief of nothingness, which in my opinion is a big fat nothing worth listening to.

I didn’t see his mouth move, nor did I hear a word.

So what you are saying is that there was no sacrifice for our sins, therefore there is no redemption? We can freely sin without consequences?

So you believe Jesus is the Sacrifice?

Perhaps you should put your rose colored glasses back on and stop looking.

That’s because you live in a fantasy world where as I live in the real world where time is running out.

Yeah, they call him Batman. :grin:

I have no problem telling you that your words often give me a visual of an angry man.

What if my God was a demon? Would you bow down to my demon also?

Jesus said:
“I am the True Vine, and My Father is The Gardener. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He trims so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I will abide in you. The branch cannot itself produce fruit, unless it abides on the vine. Likewise, you cannot produce fruit unless you abide in Me. “I am the Vine; you are the branches. The one who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for apart from Me, you can do nothing.

• John 15:1-5 TLV

not trying to pass off anything but realism… its just what it is; there is no proof of anything beyond death so its likely there is nothing

if i wanted to encourage people to put faith in a belief of nothingness i would direct them to christianity or any other religious cult
instead i prefer to encourage people to think for themselves and share what they have discovered

i dont think its nothing when iam encouraging everyone to live their life in the here and now and to try to make the most of it instead of pretending that their (and everyone elses) current life doesnt matter because they will have some afterlife if they kneel down to some god

Why do you think that?

its like using a cheat when playing a videogame… it doesnt matter what you do, who you kill or if you die?
you have unlimited lives…

Yes, Nico. Your world view is simplistic nonsense. A simple assessment of a complex problem, which is your usual way. Free speech is absolute, people who suicide are cowards, etc. You don’t do shades of grey. I do. And who cares? Again, I do.

Heinlein wrote about more than multiverses, Michele, so it’s both. He was a right wing, free-enterprise worshipping, libertarian gun nut.

Don’t misquote me, Michele. I wrote “Alice didn’t fall down the hole in the same reality that Odysseus shot his arrow. Nor did Jesus die on the cross in the same reality as either.”

Yes. In the minds of millions of Christians, Jesus is the Sacrifice, therefore he is.

Interesting, as I’m not angry at all, except when I drive too much which I try to avoid.

ah yes making elephants out of mosquitos is not an ability that i possess lol i prefer to call things as i see them instead of being wishy washy

interesting

1 Like

Where did you get that idea?

So Heinlein is your god?

I quoted you word for word in search of clarity I still don’t have.

What about in your mind, Reg? So far, you’ve shared Heinlein, many Christian minds and reposted a quote.

You quoted me out of context and omitted important parts that changed the meaning entirely.

In my mind:

1. Jesus is the Son of God.
  2. He died on the cross for our sins and the sins of the entire world.
  3. He was resurrected on the third day.

Also in my mind:

1. Alice fell down the hole of the White Rabbit taking her to Wonderland.
  2. Odysseus shot an arrow through the eyes of twelve axes and won the heart of Penelope.
  3. Mary had a little lamb whose fleece was white as snow.

just look around you and see what the majority of humans (majority being religious) have done to our planet
why? it is because they dont believe earth is their final destination so it doesnt really matter what happens to it…

Oh, I get it now. This is Hypocrisy 101. If I omit words it changes the meaning, entirely, but if you add sentences, it changes nothing, entirely. Good talk. I’m glad it ends here.

When you blame the destruction of our planet on religious people, try to be more inclusive so that there is more light on those who destroy nothing.