New House

40v battery leafblower and 18 volt weedwacker? What amperage is the weedwacker running at? I have seen some with baterries up to 56 volt. Is it the power not being enough?

I know an electric kitchen knife can disrupt standard antenna vhf and uhf as well as am/fm radio…

What about cordless phones and ham radio? Can you disrupt ham radio operators with the electromagnetic interference?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-String-Trimmer-Edger-2-6-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-P2060A/203223058

It only lasts 6 minutes continuously, but you usually don’t run it continuously. I probably should have gotten the 40v but I probably wouldn’t use it much.

Is it powerful enough in your opinion?

It is for me. Yes it is, but I use it for 2 minutes a month if I remember.

I’m assuming just for edging.

1 Like

Correct.

I just realized I might have made a glaring error or discovery with my lawnmower oil. 2 cycle oils are meant to be added to the fuel, however I thinkit was oily buildup that caused my no start/ stop running issue. Normally they say any oil will work for a regular pushmower for 4 cycle engines like 30 weight. I was watching videos of people testing engines with synthetic oils, multi viscosity, butter, corn oil, bacon grease etc.

The 2 cycle oil supposedly wont burn .

But I wasn’t thinking just reading command lines in my head. It still runs fine but having two areas to add oil and gas it shouldbe a 4 stroke. I can’t even think.

I went to home depot but couldn’t find a manual pole saw, I was going to buy the ryobi electric but they also had dewalt in 20V. Ryobi prides themsleves on their 18v line and I saw the lawnmower you bought there too. If I buy one brand for one tool I better buy all the same brand. Have to research ryobi.

I’ve had good luck with DeWalt tools.

Me too. I’m not really brand loyal and will buy other tools if I have reason, but Dewalt is my default choice. The only negative thing I’ll say is they’re sometimes on the heavy side because they’re built to last. I bought a Dewalt tape measure, for instance, and it weighs far too much to carry around. I had to buy another brand for when I need to carry and leave the Dewalt tape measure at home for when I need one there.

I was able to sharpen my old lawnmoer blade sufficiently with just a dremel and stone and not even taking it off. It needs a new everything not just a new balanced blade. Since the yard is still uneven and with rocks and twigs I won’t bother yet.
These washers are on correct stacked on each other concave down convex up. I believe they go by belleville washer as they are designed to act as spring tensioners and the effect stacks up as do the washers.

1 Like

023 024 025 028 031

My dad cuts grass with a shovel and leaves nothing. You can see the wear on the shovel by his stroke. This work is impossibly orc hard.
011 012

He must have been using that shovel like that for years. I hope you disabled the spark plug before sharpening blade. Looks better.

1 Like

nice shoe!

Yes he works fast and just keeps taking bite after bite from the earth. Insists on using old tools that are impossible for everyone else to work with.
I was thinking about making this a charcoal pit and cooking meat or vegetables directly on the coals. Just put some newspaper, fluid, charcoals light it and then put a steak on top or asparagus.

Of course first thing I did was pull the spark plug.

These treees are terrible they make so much flower and leaf waster. I cut so many small branches from the overhang so nobody gets snagged by them. I calmed down a but and did not buy a new pair shears with extensions or a pole saw.

I used up some plant/weed killer outside the sidewalk/wall area and around cracks. I am going to make my own and jsut fill up the containers we have. I did it before. I have a big steel pump pressurizer tank with a long sprayer wand and tubing somewhere.

"A mature leafy tree produces as much oxygen in a season as 10 people inhale in a year “A 100-foot tree, 18 inches diameter at its base, produces 6,000 pounds of oxygen .” “On average, one tree produces nearly 260 pounds of oxygen each year. Two mature trees can provide enough oxygen for a family of four.”

Those trees seek water and hit the piping. The roots actually get intot he pipe and require thebibe to be bored out whcih cost quite a bit. We had an issue withthat as well as others in the area. They are planted by the city and cannot be removed.

I was spreading the mulch back on top so the soil remains rich and the roots do not have to go deeper but it makes a mess. That tree produces a lot of leaves, branches, flowers, and some ugly fruit so I know it is taking from somewhere, hopefully it is just a few feet of top soil and air.