Life is good

I used to have veins in my forearms like ropes. Now they can’t be seen. The VA techs are the best I’ve ever seen for finding a vein a sticking me almost painlessly. You’re probably long past sticking people.

I was never great at drawing. Haven’t drawn since march 2015. Long enough to forget.

What do they do when they quit? I mean what do they move on to? Do they get better jobs?

No. They get equal jobs. It is an incredibly dumb move since it will take even longer to get a promotion. Or they go back to school.

The starting lab tech pay is $28/hr on 1st shift. I make 39/hr but I get more with all the weird shifts and overtime. My boss’s house burnt down this year. I’m probably underpaid by how important I am in that lab, but there are not any promotions right now and the only job I would get paid higher would be either a service engineer, where I’d live in a car. Or picking up the phone all day and listening to people ask how to fix their instrument over the phone. I generally like my job, so I’m good with it.

Pretty good starting pay. How much schooling is involved to qualify?

4 years of college. And a certification exam. Most places hire before someone takes the exam. If someone finishes the major, they are generally not lazy. I think we’ve had 1 lazy tech and she quit after 2 months.

I filled up the tub. And turned it on. I think it’s warming up. It better be. It’s about 25f out. The water in there was 53 when I put turned it on. If it warms up I’ll let the electrician know. Got all my stuff to do fencing tomorrow…

1 Like

It could take 5 days to get the water right in the hot tub.

I already told my wife about that oil stain on the garage floor. That’s her car.

There are about 7 steps to do in the hot tub before you sit in it. It can take 24 hours to warm up and after that you strip it for ph, calcium, a few other things. If you need to add certain things you are supposed to wait 24 hours after and restrip. You only have to do this in the beginning. This is a salt water tub and only needs to be drained and filled once a year, although there is minor maintenance like cleaning filters and the cover and adding some stuff for the vinyl protection. I assume it gets the week long treatment when it gets refilled which will be in july. I will probably hose it down the driveway in the middle of a july rainy night.

I see you have your Phd.

My sad suv actually worked.

My next vehicle will be smaller. Maybe I’ll keep this thing. I doubt it though. I could store it at my parents. They probably wouldn’t care.

It’s nice to have a hauler.

2 Likes

Here we have several hourly truck rental places. For $20 or so, I can get a truck for a few hours.

That’s true here as well. Having had a truck all my adult life it would be difficult for me to switch to a car unless it was a fun sports car type.

Almost done. Ran out of daylight. I’ll be done with fence tomorrow. The hot tub is actually all set minus salt water I believe. Probably be ready monday. I will probably do a walkway to it. Although, it is 5 feet from the patio so not too long.

1 Like

That’s gorgeous, Dan. Nice job!

2 Likes

I feel like the hot tub has shifted to the back of the pad. I’ll remeasure in a week. Its fine now. If it did and continues to, that would be catastrophic. I will probably move it more towards the front when it gets drained. I don’t think the thing is moving. It weighs something like 3800 lbs full. I’m glad it’s almost over. A stupid stress for the last 2+ months. Minor stress compared to real problems. Probably the first luxury item I’ve bought ever. Actually, my wife bought it. I guess my house and car are luxury. Depends on your definition of luxury.