Ham Radio

Where are you going to find one of those at and what’s an alpha tag?

That’s a good question. They’ll be released in August or so and will surely sell out instantly.

Just a label for a frequency. I don’t remember numbers that I don’t frequently use so I slap labels on them like “Surrey North Repeater”. Some radios don’t let you put long labels on frequencies which is irritating.

I’m impressed you read my post. I didn’t think anyone would. lol.

Aww, don’t be silly, Reg. I always read your posts, even when I’m not interested.

1 Like

I just bought this. It’s a morse code key made by some Ukrainian guy who keeps on working in the middle of the war. I really respect him. And I absolutely love his keys. Functional mechanical art at its very best.

Elecraft just made this. It’s almost like a morse code walkie talkie. Will would’ve loved this thing.

it keeps you warm!
it cooks your food!
BBAD has 50% less sodium*
*than the other leading brands
granpa would’ve loved this thing

Isa and I soldering little electronic Christmas trees at the ham radio club. Yes, they are cheesy and tasteless. Whatever, it was fun.

Our results below! I will call the Guggenheim tomorrow to see if they want to exhibit them.

dfb4420b-ed2c-46a8-8013-e8785be97c05

1 Like

Aww, no fire! You must be cold. All you need is a pack of matches.

It does look like you’re enjoying yourself but we can see who is doing all the work.

Someone has to pose with the trees. lol. :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

if i studied for years with some zen master,
i would not have achieved complete mastery over every facial muscle,
as i see you have.
feeling awkward lately, grasshopper?

I bought a morse code key from some guy in Ukraine. He’s still making these by hand while his country is at war. I have so much respect for him. Beautiful key. I thought of Will when it arrived.
EDIT: For the non-hams out there, VA7ZEB is my call sign.

Shiny! What does it do? With my untrained eyes I see some kind of fancy bolts mounted to a mirrored box.

This. Although this guy is way more skilled than I am. I bet Will was this good at his peak.

1 Like

Yup. Seems like he put the necessary work into everything he was passionate about so I’m sure he mastered the art of Morse code.

I think it’s important not to aggrandize people in death. Will didn’t accomplish all that much in life. Neither have I. Neither have most of us. One thing Will did do was master morse code when he was in the military. He was passionate about it. He then lost the skill over the years and never really got back into it, despite a few tries. It’s the way things go. Nobody can take away what he was able to do at his peak, though.

Really? He told you that or are you just judging from his comments in passing?

His comments about himself were much harsher than “didn’t accomplish much in life”.

Yeah, I know, he was disciplined.

Yeah, I have missed that about him. He was humble to a fault.

Just got my Advanced today. Difficult test. I already have my maritime and aeronautical certs. Just Morse to go.

2 Likes