Ham Radio

Gee, Reg. With you, all I ever hear about are tests. Your wife must be exhausted from studying all the time. And since you are always here, I can see you obviously keep her face in the books so you don’t have to take her anywhere. No worries. My hubby does that too. It’s a much easier and cheaper way to keep the missus distracted. I wonder…:thinking: do you drill her when she fails to meet your highest expectations? I only ask because you get so much practice here.

No they don’t seem to be carnivorous. They do emit some type of gas but not very visible or detectable by smell. Also I can pick up them like I do rf.

The only thing they are supposedly destructive to are plant matter like leaves and fruits which would be bad for any local farmers markets or people growing organic in the area. These are city planted trees and I don’t know how the bugs got introduced.

But they are actually very cute, did not sting or bite me, or do any chemical direct discharge of a caustic etc.

I did smash a few on accident when cutting the grass. And this was very strange if you look closely. Within seconds after crushing the poor bug there is a very high count of small flies. I did know if these were immediately attracted to the bug carcass due to a chemical agent being released or actually parasite flies that had been incubating inside.
I have had insects with parasites. I remember my District 9 mantis named after the movie with its abdomen so heavy it could not balance itself or get uprigh finally dying. Later I saw videos of enormously long worms leaving mantises when placed in water.

I will have to call you sometime and have you explain to me about what just happened to your leg and all these complications. I don’t have ham, no, but I can reinstall the zello, or simply call you on my cell because I have paid 5 extra a month for the last year just for Canada calling and just you.

What in the world are you on about? I didn’t ask her to take the radio course. She asked me. And I doubt you’ve taken a test in the last 30 years but I have no information on that.

Call anytime, Mark. It’s always nice to hear from you.

Other than my patience, no, and you incorrectly started your sentence with “and.”

1 Like

almost typed a compliment here by acting surprised about your age… but realised me doing that would be unbelievable;)

Yeah. Lacking gracefulness with every passing year.

lol mine or yours? (i was referring to me there)

Oh yeah, me too.

sure lol hmm i would try to steer back on topic here but i have nothing to say about ham radios…

Well his wife is sadly sacrificing her entomology for ham radios. Years ago it would have been cameras. Why would you marry Ugly? Intellectualism? An appreciation for your passion in life and study and desire for furthering that to benefit others? Because he is a Philanthropist?

I’m sorry if this is off topic but everything has bugs and needs fixes including ham radio. Radio should still remain active as Reg even stated the internet can be quite fragile. But what about the stange effects of radio frequency? Do you ever even notice?

Well I noticed something and these shield bugs have a design you seen in stealth aircraft to deflect waves sent out to detect, maybe somehow they may be altering or changing the trajuectory of these strange waves and frequencies ever so slightly.

This is a huge issue. Radio frequencies affect your health, particularly your eyes. This is especially bad between 30 MHz to 300 MHz, which includes the entire VHF band. HF and UHF are generally fine. One should be careful to ensure that most RF is shoved out the antenna and not reflected back into the radio, and that the antenna is well separated from humans, particularly at higher power. A 5 watt handheld only occasionally transmitting is probably quite safe, but a 100 watt mobile should make every effort to separate the antenna from the humans as much as possible.

So somebody could be vibrating your eyes so badly to keep you out of focus and nauseated and it won’t be detectable or proveable without some kind of equipment. Thus you cannot take a justified countermeasure.

Mark, the risk isn’t from others, the risk is from your own equipment. Unless you live next door to a guy with a home-brewed 2000 watt transmitter (which is incredibly unlikely) , other people’s radios won’t affect you at all. It’s your own radio you need to worry about. That’s the one emitting RF right beside your eyes.

tin foil hats will also protect you from aliens

This comment is stupid, which is quite normal in this case. The health effects of RF on humans is very real and the Canadian government (and indeed most civilized governments) have implemented regulations to govern it. It wouldn’t even surprise me if the Godless Dutch have done so.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/environmental-workplace-health/reports-publications/radiation/safety-code-6-health-canada-radiofrequency-exposure-guidelines-environmental-workplace-health-health-canada.html

4f8