Ham Radio

Well, that’s the plan but I don’t seem to be going very fast for it. All my radio time was CW.

Neither did I.
Here is an interesting little problem I had. I had confused this:

With this(which I normally didn’t think was arboreal and had confused for something else):

What is it Mark?

Oh don’t worry it isn’t a botfly or anything like they stuck in Chekov’s ear in Star Trek II.

But is was an infestation and it was very sad. I had dealt with bed bug and gnat infestations before clearing a room and mattress with box spring out entirely in an infested building erected in the 1930’s.

Let’s not say it is off topic or I will answer you that it is a communication device.

Erika says: son insectos adultos del orden Hemiptera, posiblemente el primero un Reduviidae y el segundo Pentatomidae.

(She typed that, not me.)

Lol. Fair enough.

Well at first I thought they might be some type of assassin bug without a proboscis. As the other smaller bug seems to be a shield bug as well which I had thought formerly to be a kissing bug or assassin bug. For some reason Chagas disease is not in piles of animal droppings or not in kissing bugs. It is in kissing bugs that have been on or have fed upon animal feces.

The small bug just runs out to be some type of red weevil that eats nuts and seeds.

I’ll take Erikas word for it.

Well see that really was not that problem.

Ok, I’ve had a long day. Will say goodnight all.

Buenas noches, Will.

This was 1 part of the problem: They were numerous and had ample food source and attracted and confined to these two tress in particular. I had an infestation contained without any type of container and prevented from spreading, but for how long?

This tree makes some ugly fruit and they make it even uglier and cause it to drop on the sidewalk. But check out this reproduction:

Maybe you should have fried all of that fruit you ate Reggie. Of course you will not hear reason. Kind of look like a dozen coffee roses doesn’t it?

I wasn’t thinking of them as stink bugs as many people will quickly say they are. I didn’t supect them of being stink bugs at first because I had pictured the all black shiny ground running stink beetle with a much different shape to be called that.
Adultos…does that mean parent?

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

That is totally unneccessary by the way.

I showed her these. She says the infestation will very likely spread and you should kill these insects. She also suggested that there may be other insects that the infestation might be feeding on, and if you kill those the infestation might disappear. Either way, she said it will very likely spread if you don’t kill them quickly.

These aren’t new photos new Reggie. At least 3 months has passed, and yes I did take action. But I am trying to share and keep it interesting.

How’s the leg by the way?

The leg is much better, thanks. I am not going to do the skin graft. It should heal over by itself within a couple of months.

The bugs are actually Parent Bugs, a red and black variety if I am not mistaken. Very similar to Stink Bugs and I don’t bother to look up the classification, but the common names.
These posed quite a challenge and I really do not like to decide between species at times.