Good Sports Day

Canada vs Venezuela on Friday in America’s cup.

We’re dead. lol. Venezuela is playing well.

lol after bellingham’s balls we now have a new rumour about a turkish player getting banned for making a gesture:

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/turkeys-demiral-be-suspended-two-games-over-wolf-gesture-german-media-2024-07-04/

aww would have been nice to have met them in the final but poor germany lost 2-1 to spain hehehe

1 Like

All is still ok. You can still lose to Spain. :smiley:

15 yellow cards.

lol that would be a very good result… first the turks and switzerland/england

yes bad game but at least they also had 3 goals so still way more exciting than this crappy france vs portugal 0-0 match… first penalties of the tournament coming up?

edit: yup, both sides scored excellent penalties, 1 unlucky dude hit the goal post and lucky france goes on to face spain

I can’t believe someone scored against Spain. Assuming they can still walk, they are slight favorites to me for the whole tournament now.

I didn’t watch either game, but Portugal had possession most of the time and shots were about even.

Thanks for the info on the suspended Turk. I do think I’ll root for the Netherlands there.

France has a lot going on. Euros, election, tour de France, Olympics. Their basketball team has a 7’4" guy and a 7’2" guy.

Lamine Yamal is just 16 years old. I didn’t realize that was legal. He’s not allowed to play past 8 pm. Spain pays $30000 every game he does. He leads the euros in assists. Their timing and passing is spectacular.

netherlands - turkey 0-1 uh oh lol

Canada beat Venezuela. Nice. Into the semifinals. They face Argentina on Tuesday. Argentina has the best goalie unfortunately, so as long as they can finish their games 0-0, they should be all set.

2-1 Netherlands at the 85th minute, sadly.

I watched that game with Isa on the Skytrain lol. Nice game. We’re mixing tournaments, though. Copa America and Euro 2024.

and also 2-1 full time! not a very good game and turks fought hard, but england vs netherlands it is :wink:

Gross, although it’s not like I love Erdogan either. It is impossible to pick my favourite between England and the Netherlands, and since they can’t both lose sadly, I’ll just solve the problem by not watching.

Spain vs France
England vs The Netherlands

In copa…
Argentina vs Canada, lol. Do you think maybe Europe has a little more depth.
Colombia vs Brazil or Uruguay.

I think I will hope for Spain vs Netherlands and Canada vs Colombia. I’d root for Canada and I don’t care who wins the euros, but I think Spain is the most fun to watch.

We don’t even care about Euro 2024 here. It’s all about the Copa America. Canada just needs to beat Argentina and we can face off against Colombia. lol.

1 Like

They be cheaters.

i guess it could happen… lol when you have panama in the quarter finals and canada in a semi final of a tournament you know its a tournament of no importance…

1 Like