Good Sports Day

24 years ago today.

2 Likes

The longest goal in futbol/soccer history happened in Chile two weeks ago.

lol not much skill but nice blunder
not as big a blunder as this soccer player… :

Soccer players shouldn’t be allowed to drive, really. Neither should F1 drivers, come to think of it, which would prove complex.

Interesting. Indonesia has been removed as host of the U20 championship because they didn’t want to let Israelis in.

The Boston Bruins just set the record for the most wins in a season. They will probably beat the Habs’ record for more points, too. I had no idea they were even good.

This came out of nowhere. They were kind of eh last year. Bergeron and Marchand are older. Makes no sense. They’ll probably lose in 1st round.

Canada vs. the USA in the Women’s hockey World Championship tomorrow. I used to care a lot about this stuff but I admit it’s less important to me lately. Important enough to look for the results tomorrow in the news, but not important enough to watch the game.

Canada got their asses kicked. lol. Congratulations Team USA!

bah boring fake hockey!

i rather would watch something a little more exciting… like snooker lol

ah the world championships started again :wink:

I hadn’t realized that snooker was somehow involved in the oil industry.

what an incredible athlete!

1 Like

I guess the bruins are out, lol.

Could be Edmonton vs Toronto. Could you imagine if a Canadian team actually made it to the finals?

1 Like

I don’t really care but I have enough patriotism that I vaguely hope it happens. Not enough to watch, though.

I usually don’t watch until the home team makes the finals.

As usual, the mapleleafs choked.

Edmonton is now the favorite. They are 56% on the power play in the playoffs. No typo. 14/25.

1 Like

I’m happy Toronto is out. I don’t hate them but my sister in Toronto would be insufferable if they won so I’m glad they lost. Edmonton is fine. I mean, I don’t really care but go Edmonton.