Good Sports Day

Oh dear God, the All Blacks lost to the bloody poms.

Our volleyball team did not perform well. We finished in a tie for last out of 8 teams.

It was incredibly unorganized. It was on a field with no lights. The matches were supposed to go from 6 to 7 on Thursdays, but the sunset was at 6 PM, so we only got about 8 minutes of light and the last 50 were in the dark. The last day was so windy it was ridiculous.

I didn’t know that existed, nor did I know it was possible.

1 Like

The patriots lost. The sooner the NFL dies the better so I hope the ratings are awful now lol.

1 Like

I don’t actively care if it lives or dies but I haven’t watched it for decades and don’t care at all about it.

There’s a lot of folks that could focus their attention on something a little more important.

True but that could be said about all sports. 20 times a year I pay attention to who won the F1 race. This despite the fact that I prefer my life in Colombia where I don’t even own a car, and even in Canada where I do, I dislike driving fast. It makes no sense at all but I do it.

I’m talking about people that devote 15 hours of their life a week to watching sports, primarily NFL. True. It’s more than the nfl but I think all their ratings will start to tank soon. If they haven’t already. The NFL has the advantage of people staying at home in January.

This guy was next to me in a bar and wanted talk sports. I told him I didn’t follow sports. He tried another sports topic. This guy had nothing he could talk about except sports. He finally left me alone. I kind of felt sorry for the guy. That’s all he knew to talk about.

2 Likes

Lol. I guess it’s really not funny. No wonder people are bored. I guess I’m lucky I have a job and interests.

I’m getting more extreme. It’s getting to the point that I’m going to start telling people I don’t want to talk about sports, rather than just trying to ignore them talking to me about them.

I like the Olympics. Individual sports I do like actually.

Yeah, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation. lol

1 Like

I agree that ratings for sports are going to tank. My marina friends all love the NHL but going to the bar to watch hockey with them is like social night at the old folks home. No kids. Nobody under 50 even. This new generation seems to care a lot less about sports than we did. Actually, not just about sports but about everything. They don’t care about sex, cars, motorcycles, career, sports, money or anything, really. Most apathetic generation in history.

1 Like

My daughter couldn’t wait to drive (like me). My son couldn’t care less. My daughters driving was horrible. My son never had a ticket. She went from wreck to wreck. He goes the speed limit.

1 Like

That is totally true Reg. I talk about cars like they talk about sports in a group of 6 or 8 and 1 guy at break will talk back about cars. He’s 53. The others cannot or will not contribute. I guess I should be more understanding and realize when I talk to them about cars, it is like them talking to me about sports. I guess we would all try to politely change the conversation. Food is the number 1 topic of conversation I would say.

The 53 year old also talks about sports more than anyone, so sometimes I’ll just try to start a non sports conversation and it will last a while. It’s easy to do. He asked about a football game on a monday and I definitely didn’t want to hear how it went for 10 minutes, so I just said no and asked him if he heard about Michelin airless tires and we were good to talk about that for 10 minutes. Thankfully he can talk about more than football. Just needs a nudge.

This is true almost everywhere and it drives me crazy. ā€œWhat unhealthy crap can we put in our mouths today that will be slightly different from the unhealthy crap we put in our mouths yesterday?ā€ God. If people would seek joy in places other than food, the human race would look better and would be less irritating.

they also seek joy in politics and religion… didnt improve it…

Today I have overnight oats and kombucha for break and red curry for lunch. I’m sure my breakfast will be made fun of. Looks like I’m drinking an elixir. I have an orange and a yogurt too.

I don’t talk about more than these subjects because I already know your plan to destroy anything I say on every subject.

the oats, yogurt and cowabunga lol sounds awful to me…
curry now we are talking! (as long as its not fish)

no matter what you eat, drink, do or say… there will always be people that agree/cheer you and disagree/mock you

its the way… just be you;)
(i have spoken… guess what i watched recently)