Germany

Snitch

1 Like

Looks like the SPD is back. First time since Schröder if I recall correctly. I think it went Merkel-Schröder-Kohl-Schmidt but I might be missing some. My German history isn’t great. Schröder was a dillhole, anyway. I think Merkel and Kohl were CDU and Schröder and Schmidt were SPD. Either way, if I’m right, the SPD will take the next turn.

looks like the germans elected a german to lead germany
again

Yes, but now they’ll argue for a month about which elected German gets to be Kanzler.

Poll

Who is the Steelers “Dud of the Week” for Week 3?

• 77%
Ben Roethlisberger

(1615 votes)

• 17%
Eric Ebron

(351 votes)

• 1%
Chris Boswell

(16 votes)

• 3%
James Pierre

(62 votes)

• 3%
Jamir Jones

(54 votes)

Parties Seats won Second vote % Second vote
[

SPD
Olaf Scholz
](SPD - Google Search)||206|25.7%|11,949,756|
|
CDU/CSU
Armin Laschet
||196|24.1%|11,173,806|
|
GRÜNE
Annalena Baerbock
||118|14.8%|6,848,215|
|
FDP
Christian Lindner
||92|11.5%|5,316,698|

Your last post.
Let’s hope your poem is less underwhelming.

And now the Germans have decided it’s important to put a 96 year old secretary on trial over her secretarial work in the holocaust. Disgusting.

yes its a bit silly to try and put a 96 year old in prison for typing out forms when she was 18!

aww she tried to flee by taking a taxi lol but they caught her:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/german-96-year-old-nazi-war-crimes-suspect-flees-ahead-trial-2021-09-30/

1 Like

what are they going to do?
make her call a help line?

Charges cannot be read until Furchner, who faces trial in an adolescent court because of her young age at the time of the alleged crimes, is present in court in person.

A 96 year old in adolescent court. Perhaps they can make her stay after school. This is just so incredibly asinine from beginning to end.

sure, but i dont think typing reports is a crime
as a secretary/typist it may even be considered a crime to actually read what you type

Make her? As a punishment?

Perhaps they will make her write a 1000 word theme paper about the Holocaust.

Isn’t that what court is for?

Although prosecutors convicted major perpetrators - those who issued orders or pulled triggers - in the 1960s “Frankfurt Auschwitz Trials”, the practice until the 2000s was to leave lower-level suspects alone.

It’s wrong to try her now.

I agree. This is as stupid as going after a drug lord’s cleaning lady.

More idiocy out of Germany.

there is no statute of limitations for war crimes

“While he is not accused of having shot anyone in particular, according to a court spokeswoman, his knowledge while serving as a guard means he contributed to the deadly activities at the camp.”

Doesn’t sound like a war crime to me.

that’s good enough for me

hey reg
why don’t you read at least one of these books
until then
you have a right to an opinion
and a duty to keep it to yourself

eichmann made the trains run on time
a pencil pusher