German music

You think Nazi is a genetic condition?

PS: Is this your new thing? Instead of heckling each post you’re going to post about how Gunda is a Nazi several times a day?

how do you find time for music?
doesn’t being a fucking nazi cunt take all your time?

I was just surfing Mey on YouTube and read this comment by Paul Feuermann. I couldn‘t do any better to express how much many songs by him mean and do to me.

„Reinhard Mey is an indispensable, dear companion to me! His poetry inspires me, his life is my inspiration, I experience it so wonderfully essential and holistic, genuine and profound. He has been a role model for me for decades and I come in, meet HIM in his songs and feel joy and breathe deeply. Thank you dear Reinhard for the beauty of your workshop of life …“

Just purchased two tickets. I am so happy and thankful to be able to see him live once more in Munich this November. Due to his high age it‘s likely my last chance. The ex-wife of my oldest brother is joining me, just like she did when I asked her to attend his concert in Berlin ages ago. I am so moved and excited. I hope, he will play this song again. If he does, I will drink a bottle of red in my mind at that Beach on Corsica with Uli. I wish she could still join me too.

ah nice, enjoy!

1 Like

I will, thank you!:relaxed:

Every time I hear this song I am in awe due to the magic he casts.

Hard to believe, Uli passed 5 years ago already. I wish I could speak with her at least once again. Miss you.

A song in bavarian about a sixteen year old girl from FFB (FĂźrstenfeldbruck, a small town nearby MĂźnchen) who died in a car crash only short from home while hitchhiking from Hamburg to Munich. The song tells what happens from the perspective of the driver (first-person-narrative). The song is still catching me like it did the first time.

Despite it‘s English lyrics, I post this song in the German forum, as Mey‘s German accent is German enough, lol. I can‘t hear a German accent when his daughter sings, though. She has a great voice. It‘s wonderful to hear them both sing together. His life experiences with all those ups and downs in his rich, warm voice, in which the death of his son Maximilian left it‘s mark - and her innocent and light voice - that‘s a great combination. And I love, that they chose my most favourite english song ever. Taken from Mey‘s own YouTube channel. That explains the private pictures.

It’s definitely there. Her words are understandable but her accent is quite strong. Not as strong as her father’s, of course.

Really, I hear nada German accent and even no accent at all (also no english, which often non-native English speakers adapt by learning). Thus, to me, it sounds so neutral, that in combination with her very nice voice I have an angel in mind when she sings, lol.

You hear it most clearly when she sings alone (starting at 2:12). Don’t get me wrong, her English is good. I can just tell you instantly that she’s not a native speaker, the way Spanish speakers can instantly tell I am not a native speaker even when I’m generally pronouncing things correctly.

I still prefer that British choir version you posted some years ago.

EDIT: Found it.

Oh, that choir version is still my favourite too. This duet by the Mey‘s is nevertheless special to me, despite it’s not really good. Because it‘s done by someone I hugely respect and admire. And this despite we politically disagree, at least when it comes to the party we give our cross. Although I assume we would find many agreeable practical solutions to the political problems, if no political party is noted behind them. Which btw. is my wish for election changes. No party and no persons should be elected directly anymore. The voters shall make their cross behind each party’s solution to concrete problems, without the party behind them being named. Just like the „Wahl-O-Mat“ does (I found no English translation for that tool).

Anyway, I also find it very comforting to see an old man and his daughter having such a good bonding. Especially because I admire him that much. It‘s even nearly personal to me, that why I feel so intense by listening to it. Mey‘s songs accompanied and influenced me throughout my life. Their content, their mindset and attitudes shaped me more than probably anything else.

1 Like

for your convenience audio and lyrics

ome on - Joey get out of school
We got places to go
A '57 Lincoln you got a radio that hurts
And the girls like to touch it
Just to find out if it works
But don’t look at me
It wasn’t me

Joey live on the edge of the corner
Of living on the run
I like to ride in the middle