Favorite Music Videos

You’re evil, Michele. Anyway, here’s some Japanese girl kicking ass on violin.

She also did an amazing version of the sacred Canon.

That was an evil thing to say, Reg.

Another rock version of the Canon. It isn’t very good but I like people being creative.

And an organ solo of the Canon. This one is better. Still not great but better.

And a trumpet version by Wynton which is nothing short of genius.

Lots of artists having a problem with right wingers using their music without permission lately.

1 Like

Amen to this guy. And I now have new respect for Chumbawamba. Tubthumping is in my car music playlist, amusingly. Isa and I both crank it when driving.

1 Like

The only problem I have with this complaint is that they claim it’s for everyone but it’s not for right wingers. Why is that? Probably because right wingers will abuse it or just run it in the ground with overkill. I don’t want to hear it. They make repetitive music and then complain when it’s not used according to their expectations or in this case, when right wingers use it for their own personal benefit. What is the difference between a right winger using it at a rally and a left winger using it in a demonstration? Nothing. Musicians obviously just want to complain because they don’t really like right wingers who are clearly just using it for entertainment purposes like any other Joe blow on the street. It’s stupid. They have nothing to complain about.

Tubthumping belongs to the guests at the wedding who sing it in celebration. It belongs to the Italian anti-fascists who sing it in defiance on a demonstration. It belongs to cancer patients going through chemotherapy, seeing every successful bout of treatment as a personal victory. Tubthumping belongs to anyone and everyone who does not identify as right wing. Make it make sense because you know it isn’t right. They can take their music to Hell with them as far as I’m concerned. You may think that’s harsh but musicians write depraved music that bends and destroys good minds.

Politicians have every legal right to license a song from ASCAP or the other licensing agencies and to play those songs at their rallies. Artists have every right to call those politicians assholes. Where’s the problem?

I believe it’s the music industry as a whole. From the words they write, the music they produce, the price they charge us and the self-aggrandizing singers. They attempt to lure people in with their music and then dictate who can and can’t play it.

1 Like

I was slow to listen to that post, but I liked it a lot. Saved to favourites.

I wonder if Pachelbel would be happy with her/his/whatever lyrics, but I do. The lyrics are strong and so is the whole arrangement of Pachelbels wonderful piece of music. I totally love this version.

This disturbed person, Héloïse Adelaïde Letissier, uses the pronouns he/him. We are all supposed to pretend she’s a guy. That’s the conventional wisdom these days. So when this “guy” takes off “his” shirt, why are they blurring “his” breasts?

Regarding what Johan Pachelbel would’ve thought:

Johann Pachelbel was a Christian. He was a German composer, organist, and teacher who lived during the Baroque period. Pachelbel’s music, particularly his sacred music, reflects his Christian faith, and he served as an organist in several churches throughout his career, including St. Sebaldus Church in Nuremberg. His compositions often include settings of religious texts and chorales, which were central to the Lutheran tradition in which he was raised and worked.

I add most variations of Pachelbel’s Canon to my favourites. I won’t be adding this vile version.

I looked her/him up before I posted this song. I don’t mind how someone identifies and I would abide by whatever personal pronome they want to get adressed with if asked for. My tolerance ends when the rights of others get affected, namely when it comes to the biological gender (guess the english language uses the word “sex” for this). I also refuse that the majority has to adjust for such a tiny percent of nonbinary people, as much I also have empathy for them.

Regarding to Pachelbel - the only interesting point to me is, what Pachelbel would think of this lyrics if he was living today. As most Germans aren’t as religious anymore as they were in Pachelbels time, I doubt Pachelbel would be as conservative either today as he was back then.

If Johann Pachelbel was a trans-loving homo ally chanting “Liebe ist Liebe” during CSD Nürnberg, I doubt very much if he would ever have written his breathtakingly beautiful Canon.

Lol, most brilliant art in mankind was created by homosexual people like Michelangelo, da Vinci, Tschaikowsky, Chopin, Händel, Schubert, Beethoven, to name a few. And who knows how many would define themselves non-binary if they were living today.

Why do you accuse these men without evidence? Only one of your list is a confirmed homosexual. Others are confirmed heterosexuals. Still others, we have no idea about.

• Michelangelo: Uncertain. Letters and poetry suggest possible male attraction.
  • Leonardo da Vinci: Uncertain. Possible homosexual; biographical hints.
  • Tchaikovsky: Homosexual; letters and diaries confirm.
  • Chopin: Heterosexual; relationships mostly with women, but debated.
  • Handel: Unclear; no conclusive evidence of sexuality.
  • Schubert: Unclear; some scholars suggest possible homosexual leanings.
  • Beethoven: Heterosexual; known relationships with women.

Why do you post evidence and then defend them?

Only one on your list is heterosexual.

Are your towns doing anything for pride month? New Hampshire is not. Maybe Portsmouth is. Portsmouth is probably the nicest city in New Hampshire. Lots of festivals in Massachusetts.

I posted evidence to defend them. Gunda asserts they are all guilty of homosexuality. I deny this.