Death Penalty

Barbaric, indeed. No one truly knows what that feels like. Everyday, a woman like her is brutally murdered but too often, nobody is found responsible and it obviously won’t end until Rapture. That’s reality. Reading about it everyday is heart-wrenching but senseless torture and cruelty are 21st Century brain-trainers.
The podcast below is about Molly Miller and Colt Haynes. They disappeared in July of 2013.

https://partnersintruecrime.buzzsprout.com/1983770

1 Like

Bad weekend for Myanmar.

It’s unfortunate that these lives were taken and for what, peacefully protesting their merciless military dictatorship? I suppose if your authoritarian government can label you a terrorist by saying you “gave directives, made arrangements and committed conspiracies for brutal and inhumane terror acts”., your merciless military can execute you.

What I don’t understand is why Myanmar claims to function as a parliamentary republic if they turn authority over to the military.

They don’t turn authority over to the military. The military takes authority and imprisons those who oppose it. That’s how it works everywhere, except we call those branches of our military names like “justice department” and pretend it’s different.

Are you saying my country has become a military dictatorship? I don’t really see it that way since the government is busy depleting our military via unnecessary vaccine requirements.

No, I’m saying all countries are simply a collection of laws and judicial structures that are enforced by military force. Without police (which are just military) who enforce laws using guns and other weapons, our countries have no meaning.

I understand that and hope you remember what you just said the next time an officer has to shoot a man in self defense.

Indeed. I am usually on the side of the police in such cases. I didn’t support them in the case of George Floyd but I also felt Chauvin was the only one who should have done time for that. The other four were cowards but not criminals in my eyes.

If that were street thugs, they would be co-conspirators and treated like criminals.

This could make for good TV. I wouldn’t watch it, myself. I have no stomach for this stuff.

I would never watch it. I wonder if it will work.

Hard to believe you wouldn’t capture the moment through the lens of your trusty image maker.

Not likely. From government to citizen, it is a lawless country, much like the US, except maybe on a smaller scale.
I would watch. I guess I can stomach more than most.

More than I can, that’s for sure.

I watched a friend end his life last year. It was a relief. He was in agony. Death was much better.

EDIT: I just realized that might sound like I’m talking about Will. I’m not. This was a different person.

I remember. He had a disease? You said you watched him end his life. I didn’t remember his taking his own life. Refresh my memory.

I’m sure that was difficult to watch but that isn’t the same as watching a murderer die. You would have a stronger stomach for something like that.

This is the first high-profile death penalty case in years that I can recall.

I wonder if he’ll feel pain. Doubtful.

They killed him yesterday. Totally barbaric. Murder, aa far as I’m concerned. I don’t care what method they used.

It is murder but with the world in its current state, it’s just hard to get worked up over one murderer being murdered. Ukraine has lost tens of thousands of people being invaded. Gaza, too. There are just other things forcing us to pay attention. This guy loses.

Well. It is embarrassing to live in a country where this is acceptable or viewed as a good thing. Even if it’s a pathetic state like Alabama.

Pathetic? What is so pathetic about Alabama?