Death Penalty

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/alabama#state-rankings

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections

Go New England!

1 Like

Not measuring up to the rest of the states doesnā€™t make Alabama pathetic. Most of Alabama is farmland and farmers donā€™t get rich from the food they grow. Your state has an unfair advantage and it surprises me that you donā€™t see that. Also, I looked at crime ratings and it should be noted almost all cold states have less crime. Another unfair advantage when reading statistics.

Its only cold up here for 3 months. Alaska is colder and has much worse crime than most.

We have an ā€œunfair advantageā€ because we prioritize education and healthcare. Our highest paid state employees donā€™t coach tackle football.

1 Like

A couple of years old, but good news.

Amen. Prioritize education and healthcare and watch a lot of your problems disappear.

Youā€™re right, Dan. I do understand that Alabama prioritizes violent sports over education and as it seems many southern states have education low on the list of priorities, including Oklahoma. Itā€™s difficult for me to support the school system in its current state though. First, teachers pay is low. Way too low so we just donā€™t have good teachers here. All the good ones go north where the highest paid jobs are. There is no reason for this except our leaders are too incompetent to understand it. Then, there is this nonstop push to vaccinate which in my opinion is not necessary, at all. I hate vaccines and their effects but our government is relentless and I just donā€™t hold out hope that they will stop injecting it into our most innocent. To make matters worse, all vaccines will be administered through a patch. They may even come with a do-it-to-yourself instruction pamphlet. Children shouldnā€™t be subject to 72 doses of vaccines filled with mercury and aluminum. Itā€™s insanity in a poison-filled bottle. Lastly, itā€™s about what they teach. Colleges take a mind and twist it to question the existence of a Higher Authority when we all know thatā€™s a lie from Hell and little children are made to believe their is something wrong with them, with their gender, instead just guiding their minds in the way they should go. Itā€™s pathetic.

Iā€™m not against an education, Reg. I have never been against Education. But Danā€™s education has only taught him that Alabama is a pathetic state. I can only imagine what he thinks about the other 48 lowly states. In my opinion, the internet is a great source for knowledge although Iā€™m certain you would recommend reading a book.

Michele,

1. I agree about teacher pay, which should be fair.

2. Vaccines exist in all states as far as Iā€™m aware. They are not the reason Alabama sucks.

3. All states question Higher Authority (God). That is not the reason Alabama sucks.

4. The Internet and books are both great sources of knowledge, but both require you to pick the source carefully. If you read a book or a post written by a lying idiot, there will be little value gained regardless of the medium.

5. Iā€™m not a worshipper of books. I have read a lot of them. I continue to prefer them for fiction over TV or movies. I believe reading a lot of them usually leads to better grammar and diction. These days, I question whether they are a good way to understand most things. I value the fact checking process, which doesnā€™t exist in books. If someone writes a 300 page book and, on page 3, they make a ridiculous statement on which they base the rest of the book, you now have 297 pages of crap ahead based on a false foundation. On the Internet, that ridiculous statement gets fact checked within seconds and we can focus on that before wasting more time. Of course, if one doesnā€™t fact check, one doesnā€™t benefit from that advantage.