China

That will be embarrassing to the face-obsessed Chinese.

Lol.

1 Like

The food is so vile, one athlete said her stomach hurts and she is pale. Maybe she’s had oatmeal for 2 weeks.

They had a pretty good opening ceremony, but if they are so worried about looking great, there are a few areas that need a lot of work. Even if they had a decent Olympics, I don’t think that would help those areas.

Which country do you like more? Russia or China? Over the years, it has been China. Maybe it’s a tie, now. Do you like them better than USA?

Not likely. They shamelessly place athletes in conditions unacceptable to the average man.

But…but….”It’s what they signed up for.” Ask our wishy-washy resident thinki.

You should have applied for Olympic judge. You could have guided it in the right direction since you are so familiar with every problem area. :grimacing:

The Chinese Olympics should die due filthy conditions and bad food because no one should have to live in such vile conditions that they signed up for.

wishy washy eh? lol ok well until we actually know what she was served i could argue that this russian girl is being a difficult diva? maybe she doesnt like chinese food? or maybe she took some drugs and tried to cover it up by making herself vomit and then blame the food? why didnt the other athletes complain?

They did.

“The catering is extremely questionable, because really it’s not catering at all… I would have expected that the Olympic Committee is capable of providing hot meals,” Christian Schwaiger told reporters.

“There are no hot meals. There are crisps, some nuts and chocolate and nothing else. This shows a lack of focus on high-performance sport,” he said adding that it was different at other races, for example at the World Cup.

germans dont count, they always complain lol

While I tend to agree with that, this time it’s looking pretty justified. And it’s coming from Swedes and even Russians, too. Team USA brought camping food. lol.

https://twitter.com/ClintEhrlich/status/1490025482821062659

yes i would imagine staff from all countries bringing their own special stuff for their athletes :wink:

I can tell you this, Nico, I would not eat that garbage in that picture unless I was starving. China is all about face, and they’re losing some here.

yes it doesnt look very appetizing but maybe it tastes great! lol

By Dutch standards, maybe.

Dutch Hagelslag:

lol yes chocolate for breakfast! just add a large glass of milk and your kids will become tall :wink:

It looks like a fried worms sandwich.

lol that would be much healthier

In Arabic, the expression hafiẓa māʼ al-wajh حفظ ماء الوجه, which literally translate as save the face’s water , is used to mean save face . The entire Arab culture of social and family behavior is based around Islamic concepts of dignity, or “Face”.

why does reggie accentuate chinese faces?
is it cuz he be ignerent?

both Russian and Chinese concepts of “face” are close to each other in their focus on person being, first and foremost, part of larger community

perhaps reggie clicked on an article and thought he was no longer ignerent

wait a minute
“saving face”
isn’t that the english language?
could it be that “face” is a human concept independent of country?
could reggie be that much of a racist?
i’ll find an article that tells me