China

I really loved Puerto Vallarta. It’s a tiny seaside town on the Pacific Coast full of art and culture and life. Cancun is way too touristy for me. For a pure vacation, the cluster of resorts at Tulum (2 hours from Cancun) are very nice. Mexico City has one of the worst airports in the world and the city itself is crowded and the air is terrible. Just not my thing. I am told Acapulco is now a third world hellhole controlled by narcos. The violence throughout much of the country is just horrible and would stop me from visiting these days.

Here is a video I made about 20 years ago of driving a VW around Puerta Vallarta. Cameras have come a long way since then. Check out the people riding donkeys at 7:15 or so. That was so incredible to me then. Now after four years living in the tiny village of Mosquera in the High Andes, donkey riding is just normal. lol.

Edit: Here’s my photo album of Vallarta. Puerto Vallarta | Flickr

Lovely video. This is nice. Since I‘ve never really been anywhere to speak of and you have clearly been all over the world, you can share with us all the amazing places you’ve been and all that you loved about those places.

aww you poor deprived thing! its never too late to go out and travel (if/when this corona chaos passes)

in the mean time you could always get yourself a few drinks and some snacks, put on your sunglasses, wear your scuba or climbing gear (or whatever kinky fantasy you might be in to), search for virtual tours on youtube and walk around in google maps and experience and enjoy your cheap corona risk free vacation;)

national geographic has some very pretty clips if nature is of any interest to you (dont forget to press the arrows in the top left / drag your mouse cursor around when looking at the videos) :

I appreciate the pity party, Nico. I’m not sure I’ll be traveling much in the future. This new car is not comfortable for long trips. My back feels like it’s going to break after every long trip I’ve taken in it.

Actually l was on YouTube doing just that only a few minutes ago. I’ll post the first video I came across. It’s animated which is not the type of video I usually entertain myself with but it was the first video in my feed so I gave it time for some unexplainable reason.

Well, thanks for that. Hubby and I have the Discovery Channel that we enjoy together. After watching the omniscient reader, I should go find something a little easier to digest.

You know there are these new comfy things called planes? A few hundred dollars and you’re wherever you want to be.

Why would I want to do that when I have a perfectly good vehicle to get me wherever I want to go? Besides, I like driving but I’m already having problems with this car. My old car is solid. Even after having a wreck and damaging the front end, my Taurus is a comfortable car to ride in. All the comforts of a luxury car without the expense.
With this car, every time I hit the break, I feel this shimmy in the wheel, which makes me think it’s out of alignment. I’ll be getting that looked at the next time I change the oil but that’s not going to fix the issue at hand which is the comfort of the ride. Unfortunately, I can’t sell it. I have more in it than I could ever get out of it so the plan is to drive it to its grave.

Because your car won’t get you anywhere interesting. All of Europe and Asia and South America are off limits. Even places that are technically possible by car turn into huge arduous journeys.

A trip to Puerta Vallarta from OKC takes 26 hours by car according to Google. That’s 3 days there, 3 days back, if you drive 8 hours a day. Add gas and 6 days/nights of hotels and meals to your trip. Compare that to jumping on a plane on Friday morning and returning home totally relaxed Monday night. The cost of the plane trip will be much lower than the cost of the car trip and there’s no risk of car breakdown and minimal risk of crime. Taxis in Vallarta are cheap, too.

Seeing the world by plane is viable. Seeing the world by car is not.

If you do that trip to Vallarta, be sure to spend a few hours in Mariachi Loco, a wonderful little bar in the old town. It’s the real Mexico – not many tourists go there. I hope it’s still there after Covid lockdown. So many places haven’t survived.

** Beijing has warned **

China just warned that this deal would have "a major impact’ on China-US relations lol.

We will not engage in an arms race with the Chinese communists. We will put forward requirements and build fully in accordance with the strategic concept of heavy deterrence, defending our position and defensive needs.
—Taiwanese Defense Minister Yen De-fa

the chinese announced today that they would be selling advanced fighter aircraft to cuba.
american aviation companies privately bemoaned the lost business opportunity.
trump announced he would build a moat between cuba and the usa, and make the cubans pay for the bleach to fill it.
china has a long history of direct military intervention in countries far from its borders.
no, wait. that’s wrong. that’s my country.
china has a long history of predatory economic policies.
take this quote from the chinese president:
“I dealt with Qaddafi. I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn’t let him use the land. That’s what we should be doing. I don’t want to use the word ‘screwed’, but I screwed him.”
no, wait. that’s wrong. that’s my president.
i don’t like chinese food very much.
fact check that, my bitches.

Right there is Trump’s soul laid bare. The guy is a total piece of human trash. Who boasts about screwing people over?

You? Just guessing, idk really.

NO REG YOU’RE WRONG YOU IGNORANT FUCK
oops sorry
trump’s soul is laid bare in three words-
“some people say…”
lots of people say lots of things
(as you know)
you might expect a leader to listen to all those things and make an educated guess as to which are true
instead we get a conspiracy theorist that retweets monsters under the bed
cause he has monsters under his

Gahahahahahaha!!!
“He has monsters under his bed”
Lolololololol.
You’re so funny, bill.

“Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin told reporters that arms sales to Taiwan “violate the ‘One-China’ principle’” and “seriously damage the Chinese-US relations and the peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait.”

you malodorous motherfucking canuckian shit
trump’s soul is laid bare in two words
“grab em by the pussy and they
I) let you
II) like it
when you have a magnificent comb-over”
doesn’t care that you like it
wants to know he can
ok it wasn’t two words
it was two roman numerals
not the muslim arabic numbers democrats use
arsenal rules

some people are sayin’ that that right there is maybe the best line of poetry anyone has ever seen
it’s got everything
it’s got alliteration
it’s got the “uck” rhyme
and it resonates deep inside the heart of every american
or, if you prefer, united statesian
i just retweeted it
but some people are sayin’ it
you better say it, and that right quick
you don’t want to be the last one to say it

Someone leaked 1000 spies posited in western governments. Xi Jenping may have to explain that.

sdacsdcasdcsdac

“Pompeo explained that the reason for the disregard of the CCP’s (Chinese Communist Party) grave human rights violations was a great extent due to the existence of a belief that if the United States engaged in fair and reciprocal trade and engagement, the situation would ameliorate, however, reality showed that the idea was clearly “false all the way through”.”

Some good sense out of China. Divorce should be hard to do.