Chess

Interviews with Hikaru and Hans after the match. Hikaru is an intelligent, articulate man. Hans talks like a meth addict crashing.

1 Like

Great interview. Hans received extra air time. I read the comments. I bet he eats humble pie every day. Not sure I understand the “ironic” cheat coach thing but whatever. Good listen.

Magnus beat Alireza, 23.5-7.5. That’s not a typo.

God. lol. Chess is somehow interesting even though there is no rivalry. There is Magnus and then there are a bunch of people who wish they were Magnus.

1 Like

I didn’t know this.

The Olympiad is going on. India is in 1st. USA in 2nd. 131 countries, I believe. It is taking place in Hungary. Today is round 10. India vs USA. Gukesh is playing Caruana right now. Ukraine beat USA in round 4. Otherwise, there would probably be a tie for first. India and USA are clearly the two best chess nations now.

This matches matter individually. Magnus actually lost and dropped points. Ding is now out of the top 20.

Gukesh beat Caruana. India has won the Olympiad with 2 rounds to spare.

Women’s side is still open.

Kramnik complained that the Indian team was using cell phones. He’s such a capital C. The Indian team’s cell phones were checked like everyone else’s, they had sim cards removed, and they were approved prior to entry.

1 Like

yay, congrats india… 1st chess olympiad gold

1 Like

tl;dr: Kramnik is a c*nt.

I quite like Caruana. Every time I see him talk, I like him.

1 Like

India won the women’s Olympiad.

1 Like

This is big news in India. The rest of the world doesn’t care. So good for India.

yes perhaps not big news as in world news, since chess isnt news for anyone but those that enjoy chess (unless its something dramatic like the cheating scandals and even then its just little world news lol)

but its celebrated all over the chess world!

Gukesh vs Ding in November. India should win that unless something goes wrong. The problem is that everyone knows Magnus would win if he played.

Edited to add:

Probably not as easy for Indians as winning at a thinking man’s game like chess but quite an achievement.

What makes you think the rest of the world doesn’t care? It’s India. The smartest people in the world often come out of India. Almost all the doctors here are from India. Losing would be a challenge for them and they would probably have to fake a cheat to lose, especially in a game like chess. They earned the Olympiads and they deserve to be celebrated for their accomplishments.

Why don’t they match Gukesh and Magnus? That would be a great game. I don’t think Dink is knowledgeable enough to compete with either although as a chess fan, I always cheer for the underdogs. Go Ding!

Magnus quit the WCC after winning easily a bunch of times. Ding is now the champion. He is not favoured to defend because he’s been sucking lately.

1 Like

I really like this Bodhana kid.

She was in this great video I posted awhile ago here.

No wonder team India is amazing. They’ve got this guy helping them.