Chess

I’ve watched a few interviews with Caruana recently and he really comes across like a decent guy. He would have rivaled Anand as the most boring WC ever if he had won.

1 Like

True.

Happy International chess day!

1 Like

Interesting strategy.

She’s a cold blooded whore isn’t she. She deserves a few years in prison to think about the harm she inflicted on another person but a lifetime ban from the game seems extreme to me. It’s a lesson learned. Five, six…maybe seven years ban at most but she shouldn’t have to keep reliving it through punishment over the board for a lifetime. When a prisoner has served their time society doesn’t keep punishing them on the outside.
There was 20 minutes between the time she asked about function of the cameras and beginning of the tournament. Why didn’t the person monitoring the security cameras have her activity investigated before the tournament? They should be investigated and if no good reason is found they should be terminated for an incompetent security monitoring position.

I don’t know whose idea these lie detector videos are, but they are brilliant.

1 Like

Alireza is on a roll, except for classical.

Magnus vs Niemann going on right now!

I received a notification in that. Live chess?

It is going on now, yes.

Magnus won. Plays Alireza tomorrow.

No surprise. Hans’ only claim to fame is being accused of cheating. He can’t compete with Magnus or the big boys in chess.

True. He’s very good. Might be top 30. That’s not really close to the top 10. There was a guy in the candidates ranked somewhere in the 50s and he had absolutely no chance.

As expected, Hans acted like a child throughout the match. He was rude to the arbiter. He didn’t say hi or bye to anyone. He even whined after winning games. He lost 17.5 to 12.5, but was behind 17.5 to 7.5. The match ended at 1 am and Magnus wanted to go to bed.

Alireza has a chance.

Apparently Hans’ coach is Kramnik. How ironic. The guy that accuses everyone of cheating. Kramnik and Karjakin are probably the only players more unlikable than Hans, over the last 30 years.

Kramnik has been accusing Hikaru of cheating lately. I find Hikaru irritating but I totally respect him and do not believe he is a cheater.

Geez! That reads like you were more entertained by the loser and his disgusting behavior than the winner. I shouldn’t be surprised. You do that often. On the other hand, what can you really say about the winner? He pushed through the boredom to win?

Ironic…he can’t compete with the big boys but he just finished a game with the number 1 player in the world.

Is he a cheater?

Has he offered proof or is he just spewing forth unfounded accusations?

You watched the game. I wasn’t fortunate enough to get to watch it. I had grandchildren with special needs. I really want to hear how the game was played.

He lost. Badly. By that standard, I can compete with the big boys because I know how to move the pieces. No, Michele, I am just not in their league, and neither is Hans.

Hikaru beat Hans in the consolation, 21-9.

Thanks for the update, Dan.