Chess

Funny, I’m actually studying morse these days to try to get my certification. There are some move combinations which, if turned into morse, would make for quite the experience in anal vibrations. If he actually did use this method, I think we should let him keep the win for his resilience.

If that’s true, it must have been thoroughly disappointing for Hans Norman when Carlsen quit after one move.

no news on the chess drama front except that magnus is now leading in that tournament and that he might have to (not?) play against hans again lol

Hans Niemann is becoming my favourite player because of the drama he creates just by being there.

lol and the drama goes on:

We are growing.

1 Like

You drive to Lowell for chess?

I go on the way home on Tuesdays. It’s about 10 miles away.

1 Like

all thanks to niemann! lol

Even the BBC News page now. Note, not BBC Sports. BBC News.

1 Like

Niemann has not aged well the last year.

during this tournament magnus only lost that one game where he resigned after 1 move to hans! lol

I am hoping Hans becomes a contender and they have to play for the WCC. I dislike Hans but I would enjoy that drama.

I think he reached 2900 in rapid.

He makes a living playing chess. Every game he has lost has probably taken a toll on him.

1 Like

He has aged much worse than most GMs. He’s 19.

March.

Last week.

Top story on DW!

Magnus’s statement.

He needs a haircut and you need glasses.

I can’t get over how this is making headlines. It’s a weak accusation based on suspicion apart from proof. Magnus is making assumptions based on his own past performance against other players. Unfortunately, a statement like that, from a powerful voice like his, paints a false picture in the minds of officials and other players. He should provide proof of his suspicion instead of mouthing off in such an unprofessional way.

1 Like

He looks like he has gained at least 30 lbs in 6 months and is lacking in the vitamin d department. He could use a haircut, but his eyes look like he hasn’t slept during the 6 months of eating at 2 am and not going outside.