Chess

The guy he lost to.

I wonder if Magnus will take time off. He doesn’t seem to be enjoying it. He beat nepomniatchi, again lol.

there might really be something going on besides magnus losing it…

several gms have strongly hinted that this american kid normally cant play at that level and that he has cheated before and was banned from playing on chess.com 2 times?!
online cheating ok but not sure how he managed to cheat over the board against magnus though? lol

I read it. He says he was 12 and 16. If that’s true, I don’t care. I also don’t like that he’s banned from chess.com just on the accusations of Magnus and Hikaru.

yes he admits to it in his very passionate interview in the 2nd link i posted

I like his interview style. Probably the only thing i like about him.

1 Like

I don’t like what he did at the charity event but despite that, I start to feel empathy for this guy. If people held the things I did before 25 against me, nobody would even talk to me. There’s no evidence that he cheated in the match with Magnus. He might have. Last time I looked, though, we’re supposed to presume innocence in the absence of evidence. All we have is Magnus and Hikaru saying, “he must have cheated, that g3 move was too good”.

the difference is that a loooooot of years have passed since you were 25 (so technically you did have a chance to grow up and better yourself lol)
but its only a couple years ago that he cheated again

lol one of his better interviews

am very interested to hear what magnus will say if/when he breaks radio silence about what happened

having said that, indeed innocent until proven guilty :wink:

1 Like

ah its hans! and what a beautiful mate :wink:

Do you think he cheated there?

isnt that the only way anyone could ever beat mike? :wink:

Hahaha.

It looks like Hans aged a lot between 18 and 19. I don’t really care about this whole thing, but i would not give him a pass for cheating at 16. That’s only 3 years ago. I doubt Pragga cheated at 16.

It’s silly but no sillier than some other degrees. Oddly, I find myself interested in the chess world only because I want to know if Magnus is in a tailspin. It’s a bit like watching auto racing for the crashes but whatever, it’s got me more interested than I’ve been for years.

1 Like

Carlsen is a quitter but I enjoyed that it ended in one move.

I didn’t know what you were talking about so I googled. Fun. I love chess drama.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/unprecedented-chess-cheating-saga-magnus-carlsen-hans-niemann

wow lol he did it again!
besides resigning after 1 move… still no statements from magnus about hans but this time he continues playing in that online tourney…
very interesting

Current speculation is that “Hans Niemann has been cheating at the Sinquefield Cup chess tournament using wireless anal beads that vibrate him the correct moves”.

how to tell someone chess moves via anal vibrations?

morse code? surely after 2 moves nobody could sit still and keep a straight face lol