Cars

https://thehill.com/business/4440930-hyundai-workers-alabama-uaw/#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17069640714531&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fbusiness%2F4440930-hyundai-workers-alabama-uaw%2F

Unions will just make building cars in the west even more uncompetitive. Chinaā€™s emerging dominance as the car manufacturing country of the world is a serious danger.

How has the car been running since?

Itā€™s perfect, but itā€™s getting old enough that I will surely need to replace it within a year or two. Iā€™m happy to put that off as long as I can, though.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/02/chevy-blazer-ev-and-equinox-ev-confirmed-for-colombia/

Reg. You can buy on in Colombia. I wonder how much that will cost. As much as some housing.

Given the totally disastrous record Chevy had with its new Blazer EV, I think Iā€™ll pass on any Chevy right now. Itā€™s disappointing because their Bolt EV was pretty good by most accounts.

1 Like

Stellantis is awful. Probably the worst of the major automakers. If i see someone with a new jeep, I assume they know nothing about vehicles. Thatā€™s fine, but if you are going to spend over 30000 USD on anything, I couldnā€™t imagine not doing any research.

Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat. All suck.

I think that is foolish. Traffic cams only harm idiots.

I donā€™t even notice them. They claim old ladies are slamming their brakes when they see them.

Toyota Hilux Champ Truck - Price & Specs 2024.

Toyota made a $13000 truck. It will be sold in Thailand. I think they are smart to not sell in the USA. Americans are horrible at choosing practical vehicles. Almost as bad as electing politicians.

1 Like

I looked. Iā€™m not a candidate for it but I love the price.

Iā€™m actually a part of the problem. I love my big sedan and donā€™t want to get rid of it because all the new cars are uglier to me. Itā€™s not good for the world but I am a flawed person.

I think my next car will be a corolla cross hybrid awd suv. It has zero flaws. Unfortunately, despite my santa fe having 195000 miles it burns no oil, so Iā€™ll just keep driving it. KBB says itā€™s worth $2100. Itā€™s worth more than that to me.

1 Like

Donā€™t be so hard on yourself. Let it be a lesson and learn to stop when the light turns red.

In fairness, not everyone plans the purchase of their next vehicle. I didnā€™t. I looked the front over and it matched with the look of the ass end, so I bought it lol. Itā€™s only a 4-cylinder so itā€™s gutless but I can drive it a long way on 40 bucks. Iā€™ve had it for almost 4 years and Iā€™m not selling. No research required.

She didnā€™t end up making the pies, but it caused problems with staffing and she made 0 dollars, due to rejecting other orders right before valentines. No apology from tesla.

Sheā€™ll have to throw out a bunch of eggs and milk. $5000 worth of dairy is a lot.

I actually did get a traffic cam ticket once. Many years ago. I deserved it. Nothing since or before. I support traffic cams. There are too many idiots on the road. That time I was an idiot, I deserved to be punished. The sooner we have driverless cars, the better. And I donā€™t care if people enjoy driving.

You lucked out, but thatā€™s still cool. Gutless is good. One problem with EVs is they are almost all as fast as supercars.

Elon has a horrible reputation or not paying his bills, although this case is more complex than that since she hadnā€™t made the pies yet. Heā€™s nowhere near the POS that Trump is, but his reputation is not good.

Great! Maybe they can convert EVā€™s into something more purposeful that will fly.

While you two are busy ragging on the POS, keep in mind that the business owner could have saved herself alot of financial pain with a contract to protected herself if she had been as business minded as Musk. Unfortunately, she must not have been educated in business so the POS was freed from any financial commitment.

Michele, she makes pies. She doesnā€™t have the same legal resources that billionaires have. This falls under the ā€œdonā€™t be a c**tā€ principle which Elon failed in this case and which Trump fails every moment of his life.

Oh, I see. We hold those with more money to a higher standard than a sub-average business person? Do the same business rules not apply to stupid people who run a business?

No, Michele, they donā€™t. We have always expected more from those who have more. Where there is a huge power imbalance, we expect the person with more power to not be a c**t. We are usually disappointed, but we expect this nonetheless.