Cars

Do you think women should be allowed to drive?

One of the cars she hit was brand new. The driver of that car stood in front of her car so it wouldn’t get hit. It did get hit and she later admitted that it was a bad idea, but she thought the driver would have just driven into the other cars.

Not really but I also don’t think most men should be allowed to. The sooner cars can become self-driving, the better. And all those middle aged pendejos whining about how much they love driving fast just adds to my conviction that we need self-driving cars.

Do you think my cat should be allowed to drive?

1 Like

Should husbands be allowed an opinion?

In fairness, the cat should have to consult the little fella who belongs to the pony.

2 Likes

Even better. A voice of reason.

What a stupid reason.

1 Like

I read that. Smh.

Does that mean you’re okay with sharing data with predators?

It means there’s no reason the right-to-repair needs to lead automatically to data breaches. I still have old-school ATX format PCs and I can repair/replace any component on them myself (and often do). My data is encrypted and protected. This whole thing is an excuse to protect corporate profits by not letting people repair their equipment. Nothing more. And it’s stupid that people are falling for it.

You may be able to fix those things now, I get that, but there may come a time when you wake up and realize you can no longer get the parts.

Are we falling for it or is it falling on us, like a house?

Sure, and at that point I will no longer be able to repair the PCs, but they will not be any more prone to data breaches than they are today. And neither will your car. This bogey man being put out there by the auto industry that letting us repair our cars will lead to women being stalked and raped is just fear mongering horse excrement.

Okay, I already feel better. It sounds like these people are picking on predators.

They’re picking on you. And me. And they’re using fear of predators as a weapon.

Ahh, they just aren’t throwing the right weapons at the bubble. Anything sharp or pointy will do.

The Moskvich 3e, a Russian electric car.

I had to stop on the highway today. Someone in the middle lane decided to stop and take a right turn to try to get onto the exit. She was unsuccessful but we both lived. Usually when someone realizes it, they try and then just go to the next exit. Our exits are about 1 mile apart. Not 40 miles apart. I’m in the right lane. The car behind her in the middle lane managed to slam their brakes on. She came into my lane so i went into the brakedown lane because we are past the ramp at this point. She also swerved into the brakedown lane in front of me and stopped. I think she wanted me to drive in reverse so she could drive onto the previous exit. I just motioned for her to go forward. She did and cut someone off but that guy missed her too. I was very calm. I didn’t say a word. I did peer into my mirrors and there were no cars back there, so I felt pretty safe. I was in my mother in law’s car, so no dash cam. It showed the importance of good vision. If I had a corvette I’m not sure I could have seen behind me that quickly.

Try not to lean too much on your own understanding. It isn’t always about good vision.

More often than not, it’s about perfect timing.

This makes me even more pro-dash-cam. I really don’t know why everyone doesn’t have one.

1 Like