Cars

Pay a small fortune, for a vehicle you dislike, to be in the EV world? That’s the textbook definition of insanity, Reg. Somehow, I think, you will get it but keep your car and you won’t even have to drive it or better yet, give it to your wife. I bet she would drive it.

An EV traveler’s nightmare. I don’t care how good they look. It wouldn’t be worth it to sit in long lines waiting for a charge.

1 Like

You do make a good point. lol.

PS: EV Charging is easier in Canada. Tons of stations and more cropping up every day. We just need to go for lunch once a week near a station and the vehicle will be charged when we come back.

It is less bad because making a mistake and telling customers to give back their dangerous new cars is not as bad as lying about emissions for 20 years.

Gee, Dan, I don’t understand. Lying wasn’t an issue when you voted for president. :grimacing: Jus’ sayin’

Most politicians lie. Except for Bernie, lol.

Biden also lies far less than Trump. I have given up hoping for Trump’s prosecution and now only hope he dies soon.

Most politicians are accountable for their words and actions, eventually, except for democrats.

That’s only because he can’t remember to read the teleprompter.

I don’t…but if he does, DeSantis will win the election, handsdown.

Newsom has had the best year of any politician. I didn’t even know about their plastics law. I can’t think of a state passing so many radical laws in 6 months.

Greg Abbott has probably had the worst.

Houston is short 500 teachers. I wonder how they will deal with that. Maybe watch college football?

Hey Reg. It comes with a rear windshield wiper.

I wonder if they will price gouge it in usa when available. We’ve got dealers currently doing 20% dealer markups at the moment. Maybe ill buy my next car in Toronto. I’m not kidding. I’ve never been, surprisingly. I went to niagara but was buying a house and ran out of time. It’s probably an 8 hour drive. I do like slowly braking a car in over a few months, but probably doesn’t matter if there is no engine or transmission.

I saw this. It’s not expensive as electric cars go. It’s small though. Looks about the size of a Nissan Leaf. I don’t know what I’ll do. Honestly, things that moved me in the past just don’t move me at all right now. Watches, cars, boats, motorcycles. I just don’t give a rip. And other things I never cared about like bicycles and even scooters are interesting to me. This is just the normal cycle of life I think, where interests evolve over time. I can tell you that the idea of buying an electric car is far less exciting to me than the morning bicycle ride I’m about to take.

It’s a liitle small to me too. Just compared to what I’m used to. If i still had my accord, it would be plenty.

I commute with a guy twice a week. We alternate driving. It is 27 miles each way. I have a santa fe. He has a 2005 jeep liberty with 225000 miles. It is starting to fall apart, so he’s looking at the subaru impreza which is very ugly and the hyundai kona which looks smaller than this equinox. I do hope he gets the kona. They are both 20000 USD. They don’t seem much alike. He’d get better mileage in the impreza.

I guess it’s illegal in Massachusetts to have a dashcam on your windshield. I don’t know how I would have known that. I wonder why.

That’s a dumb law. Dashcams are one of the best things ever to happen in the world.

1 Like

True. They have to be placed on the dashboard in Massachusetts. Dumb.

Where are you on black-out rear windows? I think they should be banned.

Full black out is illegal in Massachusetts. I think you can go 35% tinted. Have to get a permit.

What do you think are the negative side effects to full black out?

How are you feeling?

I’m much better, thanks. Isa still has nausea, but we rode the scooters yesterday so we’re on the mend.

I don’t like driving on the highway behind people with blacked out rear windows. I can’t see through their cars and sudden stops on the highway are more dangerous.

That’s a good reason. Doesn’t the same thing happen when driving by a van or mack truck?

Yes, but vans and big trucks have no choice. They’re not blocking my view for vanity.