Canada

It’s probably a good thing to do. They’ve obviously been planning on where to put all the homeless people for a while or they wouldn’t have cleared the street.

I just wrote this to some friends.

Hastings is still totally blocked off from Cambie to Gore as of half an hour ago. Cops are manning every intersection in and out of the DTES. We took Cordova and got glimpses of Hastings as we went past cross streets. No huge protests. Lots of onlookers. Lots of VANDU people yelling about the rights of the drug users. No violence that I saw. I emailed Ken Sim to tell him he’s the first mayor in my life who actually did something about the DTES and I love him for it. I got a canned response back which is fine. My friends who work at the safe injection sites are complaining about the nazi cops. I saw nothing but professionalism from the VPD today.

I am loving this. Non-drug-addicts have rights, too.

I’m confused. I thought all elites were globalists with a climate change agenda.

Seems you were mistaken. I have dealt with the Royal Bank of Canada as my primary bank for over 30 years. I had no idea of this.

Don’t tell me you’re going to change banks.

Well, I deal with 6 or 7 banks now. I won’t close my RBC accounts if that is what you’re asking.

6 or 7? You must have a lot of debt.

I owe exactly $0 in the world.

Oh…well that’s great. Working with that many banks, you are definitely FDIC covered in the event of a banking collapse.

CDIC in the case of Canada, but yes, I am covered up to their limit.

Canada is so safe and peaceful.

Wow! Gordon Lightfoot died! Guy had a few hairstyles during his life.

1 Like

It was fairly big news here. I disliked almost all of his music except this one.

Woo hoo!

I’d like to celebrate with you here. Since it is backed by nothing we should probably keep it in America where it’s safe.

Shameful.

There is one thing I have noticed over the years. When government creates a problem, government has a solution ready. In this case, Canadians just need to downsize to something small, more confined and 15 minutes to everything.

We did. The problem is that those places cost $2 million.

In 1980 a nice house cost $150,000 CAD. A super nice house cost $250,000. A good salary at the time was $30,000. Now the same houses are 40 years older and cost ten times the money, and a good salary is three or four times the money. It’s quite stupid. Unsustainable.