World Cup 2022

He can show his injured quad.

It was nice to see such a pathetic showing by Qatar. They got crushed 2-0, but I guess Ecuador had a goal taken away.

0 goals. Even I know that’s not enough to win.

They became the first host nation to lose their first match.

All that preparation for years and they get blown out. They zero shots on goal.

1 Like

I was happy. I read the Ecuadorians were going to take a bribe to throw the game but it didn’t happen.

1 Like

I would have given them $20 to not throw the game.

Who are you going to root for in the England vs Iran match?

Iran. It’s habit for me to cheer against England. I hate the Ayatollahs though.

I’m going to root for Ecuador now. Hopefully, they can win another game lol.

lol vs senegal or the netherlands?! that would be fun but not very likely… it takes quite some talent to make a team like ecuador look good and let them score goals but qatar did it :wink:

1 Like

I just watched the highlights. Boring as hell. It wouldn’t surprise me if Qatar doesn’t manage to score a goal this WC.

1 Like

before watching that game i would say they might score after being giving several penalties by a referee with a desire for money but since they never reach the other side of the field… naww lol

2 Likes

Go BBC. Good call.

dutch tv did the same thing; instead of showing the whole opening ceremony they were talking about the migrant workers

seems a bit hypocritical to me or as that twitter says:

“When Russia hosted the world cup in 2018, it had already annexed Crimea and occupied eastern Ukraine. At the time there was zero criticism of it from the BBC and the opening ceremony was shown in full. Yet the BBC chose today to sanctimoniously lecture to us. Disgraceful.”

8:28 PM · Nov 20, 2022

bah cowards…

may senegal and iran be victorious today! :wink:

It appears that Qatar is practicing human rights abuses in front of everyone.

Business as usual for Qatar.

And Japan on Wednesday too, if the German team is as coward as the other Europeans (of which I have no doubt). Iran showed some backbone at least by not singing their anthem in protest against their government. A pity they lost against England.

Yes, that was a huge mistake. But even many mistakes in the past aren‘t a valid reason to be silent once again. I am just pissed, that the armband only focused on non-straight people but not on human rights in general. How migrant workers, lgbt, non-Muslims and women are treated in that country is just a shame. And then their representants dare to speak of „tolerance“, lol. I so hoped the best ranked teams captains would all wear that minimalistic armband and give it further to the next player till their teams get disqualified. THAT would be an adequate FIFA World Cup Quatar deserves.

They should have done something in protest. Their government plans to punish protesters in Iran. They deserved to lose for their silence and I’m thrilled stuffy England won.

Let us all give our predictions. Three picks, ranked 1 to 3. Here are mine.

1. Brasil
  2. Argentina
  3. Germany

I would be happy with any of those, although my preference is that the cup go back to Sudamerica.

Good. Let them shove their armbands. Not being able to do sodomy with other men for a month is not persecution. Qatar also has a 7 year penalty for hetero sex outside marriage and nobody gives an excrement. They have severe penalties for proselytizing religions other than Islam and nobody cares about that, either.

Yes, they also have restrictions on your sexual behaviour. Why is this one restriction so all-important and overriding? Why are all the other restrictions forgotten but the prohibition against sodomy with other men must be protested and highlighted? I observe again that 6500 dead darkies haven’t warranted a single armband or logo change.

Europe and Canada have a ton of restrictions on what you are allowed to say and nobody complains. The USA and Mexico have restrictions on your freedom to walk outside without being shot. Russia hosted the last WC while occupying Crimea and Eastern Ukraine and nobody cared.

If you visit these places, you need to adjust your behaviour during your visit and just deal with the reality of the place you are visiting, even if you don’t think it’s ideal. Take comfort in all the sodomy you can do when you come back home. Or don’t visit and don’t watch. I’ve chosen to watch.