World Cup 2022

Poor Mexico, wasn’t represented by a flag. Are you racist? Don’t you like Mexico?

I don’t like their fans. Bigots. Same with ukraine. So I root against both of them.

I forgot about the Mexican fans getting in trouble for yelling “puto”. I have more sympathy for them than for the Ukrainians. Puto is just a word there. They use it the way we used “faggot” in the 70s to mean “dumbass” or the way the Colombians use “marica” everywhere today. I’m not defending the use of any of those terms today, but I am saying it’s not intended with malice or even to imply homosexuality. There’s no way you can make a monkey chant at a black player or tag him on Instagram with a banana (as thousands of Ukrainians did) without intending malice and racism. To me the Ukrainians are worse.

What a grotesque circus. They don’t seem to be nearly as racist as the gross, wicked and uncultured Ukrainians. I will say, they do have pretty legs which makes watching them hit a ball not quite so dull.

I love this tv advertisement for the World Cup. All three actors are great (Collien Fernandes and Christian Ulmen are really married and don‘t need to act about that here, lol). And Fahri Yardim simply is a funny and nice guy. This advertisement is about a WC game going on with Fahri and Christian watching it in the sleeping room as well as former DFB-Player Thomas Müller and other young players watching the match in the guest room below. So, poor Collien feels a bit outplaced. :rofl: :rofl:

Can Canada beat Morocco? Due to heat, I think I’d take Morocco.

its not likely but possible
probably wont matter at all since the best 2 in any group go through (which most likely will be belgium and croatia) and then only the 2 best thirdplaced teams

edit: or not lol apparently no thirdplace go through at all this time? so basically no chance at all for poor canada lol

I didn’t realize no 3rd places got through this year. That game will probably be Canada’s only chance.

It seems France has two of the best players in the world and are defending champs, so no surprise they are a favorite. I don’t root for brasil very often, but I think I will this year. I have zero reason to root against them. Nothing against the country. Or the way they play. I should actually root for them since they are right next to Argentina. By now, Argentina nazis should be dead but it would be nice if messi does nothing again in WC.

Roberto Carlos is probably the most underrated player of all time. Look at his throwins at 6 minutes.

with temps getting up to 40c there brazil and argentina are the clear favorites but if things go to plan they should meet eachother in the semi finals leaving an opening for someone else…

although france is on the “easier” side i dont see them go very far with germany or belgium in the way… wouldnt surprise me if france even goes out quickly in the quarters losing to england :wink:

lol no way! he is a legend

Canada will lose all its games. lol. I don’t care, we got there. I hope we can score one goal, which is better than we did last time we made it.

He is by people that know soccer. People that don’t know soccer know the names…

Messi
Pele
Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo
Maradona
Beckham

He is the best player ever at his position. You can have arguments on midfield, goalie, centerback, forward. Not leftback.

Nobody outside of South America under the age of 30 knows the name, Roberto Carlos.

lol canada just beat japan 2-1 with a brilliant penalty :wink:

1 Like

I love it but it was a warmup match. I’m all for the Canadian team but I’m realistic. I can’t see us winning a single game.

That’s a good list but I’m not sure Ronaldo belongs on it. He’s in a second tier of fame that includes guys like Zidane and Ronaldinho. Interestingly, the other day Diego Maradona was brought up at the Surrey Amateur Radio Club. Isa and I were the only ones who knew who he was.

I did question putting ronaldo there. Maradona must be too old lol. Well, he’s dead. I mean I guess if someone played before 2000, Pele is the only name they’d know.

yes, it will surprise me if there wont be a riot or at least a naked gay protester appearance

It’s now a done deal. It has been banned. I support this, I think. Drunk football fans are gross.