Westboro Baptist Church

I can tell you typed this sarcastically, and yet it’s true. All “truth” is only a matter of our perspective, based on the limited information we have available and our interpretation of that information.

You have the Bible. That’s Truth but you don’t believe in or you have the news that can’t be trusted.

Where do you find truth?

Delete delete delete backspace typo* lol

lolololol

Mostly in crap I read on the internet, like most people. I then mock other people who get their truth from crap they read on the internet, because the crap I read on the internet is much better than the crap they read on the internet.

None of us really knows if a country named Iraq even exists. None of us have been there. None of us knows if a man named Donald Trump exists. None of us have met him. The odds seem about equal to me that everything I think exists is just a simulation and what we think of as the universe is a computer model (or perhaps a computer game).

That would explain why we are having this ridiculous conversation.

One of us might just be a simulation, Michele. My bet is it’s you.

A simulation? Of what?

A sim. An artificial reality. A set of algorithms designed to react to various inputs (which is as good a description of the human mind as any I can think of).

What does that mean? We are all free to believe what we want and the outcome will still be the same?

I do react a certain way, according to the way m being addressed.

No. It means I think you are a Bible believing Christian from Oklahoma. The truth is you could be a CIA spy pretending to be a Bible believing Christian, or you could be an artificial intelligence system running on a server in Russia which is programmed to type pro-Trump and pro-Religion stuff on BBAD. I base my “truth” that you are actually a Bible believing Christian from Oklahoma on the various inputs I’ve had, including mainly your posts on BBAD. We all base our “truths” on the inputs we have available, which may or may not be real, and we adjust our “truth” as those inputs vary.

Why don’t you tell me what the truth is then.

Truth is the set of fictions we assemble and organize for ourselves to help explain the various inputs we have received through our five senses.

You sound like a robot.

Truth is a set of fictions

Truth is, I think you believe your own garbage.

What inputs?

You think I’m a businessman who sold his company and pissed off to South America. You think I’m currently sitting in Medellín trying to get home to Canada. You think I live with a woman named Erika who I call Isa, and that we had some problems two years ago and nearly divorced but got through them and are doing decently well. You think I’m a computer programmer with a couple of new businesses going on.

If you received information tomorrow indicating that all of that was a fraud and that I’m actually a hacker who stole a bunch of money and ran off to South America to avoid arrest, that would become your new truth and you would carry on under that assumption.

In fact, all the information in both realities has been presented to you on BBAD and the Zone prior to that, almost all of which has been in the form of text written on your screen that may or may not have reflected that which we call reality.

The reality you now perceive could be changed as easily as it was formed, through text on your screen.

The “truth” is that you don’t even really know if I exist.