Watches

They did.

I saw this article and couldn’t help but think about your dirty watches.

Gross. I think I will go clean my watches now.

I have an old Bulova Precisionist that I’m fond of. It has some sentimental value and I like it. Just for kicks I decided to play with some quick release watch straps from Amazon. $30 each and they make it feel like four new watches. Fun.

It’s old but I just stumbled upon it. Good points here.

lol watches? its all about mobile phones now

Don’t waste your energy here. Daniel and I have both raised this same point to Reg several times. He doesn’t listen. He seems to love those watches.

iam just being selfish and dont want to see anyone talking all by themselves;)

1 Like

Watches are surviving well, although at a much lower level than pre-smart-phone. A few brands like Rolex and Patek Philippe are thriving and many others are doing well. Many others have either died or are dying. The corona-recession means there will be some amazing deals out there but I am going to be very cautious about discretionary purchases for awhile.

So, I was surfing YouTube and saw some young white guy living in Japan talking about a skeleton watch he had stumbled upon from China. Full titanium body, sapphire crystal, and skeletonized movement, all for under $200 USD. I didn’t think it was possible but I had quarantine boredom so I ordered it. It arrived today. It’s not a Vacheron but I love it. Amazing. And I don’t care that some machine made it instead of a human. I couldn’t care less about that. Here’s a vid from a few min ago.

I had a bunch of old watched all dead batteries in a shoe box. It’s like each had a different kind of time, fun time, work time, eating time, easy time, hard time, tech time, reading time, etc. Kind of like a phenomena of extra time or getting more time than measured. I bagged them up with some other stuff and am going to donate them to a local charity along with some pretty decent unaltered pants and shorts and heavy jackets for upcoming winter. Some other tech too like a power inverter and some speakers. Nothing wrong with them but they seem like a drain and maybe just a bit off in frequency.

Maybe I will lose some bad time or have more time with less worry and depression. Just getting rid of old timers might be freeing up time in my life.

Video removed by uploader.

Sometimes I want to cinch a watch on something and just set the timer for true “hard up time”. But then if it is cinched to tight that’s is kind of cheating. Also you need somebody to verify what is real effort and what isn’t.

I bought another inexpensive Chinese watch. I think they’re doing amazing work. This is from a 65 year old company called Seagull which is trying to go head to head with the Swiss. It cost me a few hundred dollars, and would easily have cost me $5000 or more from the Swiss.

Interesting, this. I really love skeleton watches. The idea of a quartz skeleton never even occurred to me (or anyone else aside from Bulova/Citizen). $4000 is pricey for a quartz watch, though.

Why don’t you get a skeleton that looks like a quartz and fake it in front of your friends.

What a bitter OLD woman.

In your image, Papa.

I suggest you sell some of those and cut back on the obsession. You might be turning into this guy. Too close to the heart. I’ve heard about the trick of wrapping a windup clock in cloth for a newborn puppy to sleep, but something about your choice of comfort is disturbing.

If that’s not enough for a fix, check out this trailer. I waited and waited for this movie but like the Ultraman movie it never got released.