Vaccines

I got the pfizer bivalent today. First pfizer shot. Had to wait months to get it.

I got three Pfizers and then the Moderna bivalent. The fourth shot was the worst.

They are reporting 80% of Americans vaccinated with 15% boosted. They must be terribly disappointed with these numbers considering the vaccine is such a miracle drug.

I was boosted 12 days ago. First pfizer. No side effects. If they treat it like the flu vaccine, I would imagine most hospitals will require the booster for employment.

I wish there was a vaccine for this but thereā€™s not and unfortunately, because the WHO or greater medical community canā€™t be trusted more than the virus, I wonā€™t take it. IMO, it is better to take our chances and let nature take its course.

Doesnā€™t seem to be transmitted human to human very easily and not respiratory. It probably wonā€™t spread much is my guess.

I hope not. I can see that killing a lot of people if it gets out of control. I probably need to read the book to know how many will die.

What would be the reason for putting polysorbate 80 in the vaccine?

It is used as a stabilizer in the HPV (against cervical cancer) and J&J Covid19 vaccines. The overwhelming majority of vaccines do not use it. It is also used in ice cream in much greater and more concentrated dosages.

The HPV vaccine and the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine contain polysorbate 80 as a stabilizer. Some stories on the internet have suggested that polysorbate 80 in this vaccine causes infertility. First, it is important to know that these vaccines (HPV and COVID-19) do not cause infertility. Second, polysorbate 80 has been used for many years as an emulsifier to make ice cream smooth and to slow melting. A typical serving of ice cream (1/2 cup) may contain about 170,000 micrograms* of polysorbate 80. On the other hand, the amount of polysorbate 80 in each dose of these vaccines ā€” 50 micrograms* (HPV) and 160 micrograms* (COVID-19) ā€” is very small. Therefore, polysorbate 80 isnā€™t contained in vaccines at quantities that could possibly do harm.

Does that mean the vaccine is no good if they donā€™t use it?

No. From the same link:

Stabilizers are used in vaccines to protect the integrity of the active ingredients during manufacture, storage and transport . A commonly used stabilizer that can be associated with allergic responses to vaccines is gelatin.

If itā€™s not necessary then why are they using it?

I did not say it wasnā€™t necessary. I said the vaccine was still good without it. It is used to protect the integrity of the active ingredients during manufacture, storage and transport.

I also said it is only used in J&J. It is not used in Pfizer, Moderna or any of the other Covid vaccines aside from J&J.

Okay, so now Iā€™m understand that it is necessary, in small doses, to protect the active ingredients fromā€¦ā€¦something?

Are you a doctor, Reg? You seem to know a lot about the ingredients in the vaccine.

If you are understanding that, you are having trouble reading. Stabilizers protect the integrity of any chemical from variances in temperature, light, exposure to air, etc. Almost every chemical uses them, from coffee to covid vaccines to ice cream. One of the most common stabilizers used in vaccines is sugar.

So they arenā€™t dangerous to consume?

I can see from this short exchange that you are impatient. I miss Will. You obviously want to know where Iā€™m going with this.

In a small dose, there is no harm in this ingredient but I use about 90% of the products in this list. Is it still a harmless product if Iā€™m both consuming and applying it on?