USA

Brilliant! Some good communism right there. I look forward to Michele and Ben telling us how bad this is for the consumer. @AgeofGrace @Tychicus

1 Like

Busy week.

The house also voted to make marijuana legal.

Biden is against legalizing Marijuana. I have little opinion. I don’t care if there is a fine. Just no jail.

I am for legalizing it even though I find marijuana to be totally disgusting. It stinks and most of the people I know who use it have led wasted lives (literally and figuratively). I just see the total failure of prohibition and don’t feel we should waste even one more cent on it. I also like the idea of destroying organized crime by legalizing it. Still, in the incredibly unlikely event that anyone asks me if they should do marijuana, my answer is, “god, no, don’t throw your life away”.

EDITED TO ADD: We legalized it in Canada a few years ago and it HAS had a negative effect. People openly smoke it outdoors and it stinks. And they stink. God they are disgusting. That said, the positive effects listed above outweigh the negative so my opinion is unchanged.

1 Like

She’s through. 53–47. My guess is two of those 53 only voted in favor because their vote meant nothing. Romney was the other one and he just votes however he wants.

1 Like

if you are white and male
you are a member of a group that is not represented by the majority of wait for it
Supreme Court of the United States
hey gracie
let hubby give you a double beating tonight
kinda like a consolation prize

Brittany spears is pregnant.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/381-Linebrook-Rd-Ipswich-MA-01938/56925327_zpid/

I don’t care about Britney and, as far as I can tell, nobody else in the world does these days either. Fame is unkind to women as they age.

That house is not beautiful. Are you connected with it somehow?

I’m not. I would have thought the land alone was more than that. It needs to be demolished.

The land for $559k is cheap for Mass. I would think. Someone will tear it down and build their dream house. It is all just a matter of perspective. When I was younger, a building lot cost $200k and a Kia cost $15k. $40k/year was a good salary. That’s really no different from a building lot costing $600k and a Kia costing $45k and $120k/year being a good salary.

I agree that I could use a raise.

here’s what you say about your friend of twenty years
“If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!”
note the capital letters and the puncuation
looks like trump is using education as cover

Thanks Reg. I got a $5.21/hr raise today. All to you.

1 Like

A little over $10k. Nice!

1 Like

Yes. Almost 11.

i hear inflation is 8.5%!?
good luck with that banal shit

Seems Roe v. Wade is about to be repealed. The USA is going to look very different in a decade or two under this new Trump stacked court.

The US already looks very different.

i knew i would find thoughtful comments on this here
maybe somebody who has read the constitution and a couple books on it
arguing with someone who endured the romanian abortion ban
romania
where does that word come from?