Trump

Yes, Reg?

There is smoke in Canada but no fire? Amazing. I just said that and now you have confirmed it. Nice work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/inthematrixxx/status/1304435884431990785/photo/1

Have you ever tried reading the Bible but listening as Trump was narrating it? It is like a whole different anointing and the truth is like a whole different track set over what was originally there. It seems very practical and holy actions aren’t questioned.

I really almost agreed fully on everything on with him. But I don’t have the things he does…children, wife etc.

You do have a troubled mind like him.

Have you ever thought that what you learned in the Bible as a child is not exactly how it really is?

If you could describe the Bible as a whole, both Old and New Testament, in one word, what would it be?

Boring

And I have read it cover-to-cover several times, although I skimmed a lot, especially the lengthy begats in Genesis, Ruth and first Chronicles. It’s a badly written book by modern standards.

Oh Reg, you can’t read it with your eyes because you are blind.

See what lies you tell. You said in the first sentence that you read it from cover to cover and then you said you skimmed it alot. Which is it? Did you read it or did you skim through it? If you can’t determine if you have truly read it, calling it boring is a bit premature but true to your nature.

Nobody reads a long book without skimming some sections. I did the same with the tomes from Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. I never even made it through the stuff James Joyce wrote. Les Miserables was interesting, though. Much better written than the Bible, which isn’t a great surprise given that it had a couple of thousand years of societal advance to base itself on. It’s also a better guide for human morality than the Bible which is quite f’d up morally.

At least your description is becoming more accurate.

Did you read all the begats in Genesis, Ruth and first Chronicles, Michele? Without skimming? Here are just a few.

And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:
And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:
And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
And Cainan lived seventy years and begat Mahalaleel:
And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.
And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech.
And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.
And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.
And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Actually I have because I researched their names and wrote the meaning of them in my bible.

Under Trump, the US will no longer be the world’s largest economy. It is projected now that within 10 years, the US will be #3, behind both China and India.

All that jealousy is not doing you any good.

You think I’m jealous of the Chinese? I wouldn’t live there under any circumstances that I can think of. They are going down the path of dictatorship.

so are we

1 Like

Because identity politics has become so clearly overlapping with partisan politics, it makes those divisions all the more heated and uncompromising. It’s much easier to compromise on what should the marginal tax rate be, or what’s a reasonable date for net-zero carbon emissions, but people generally don’t want to compromise on issues related to how much work you should do to … make sure that racial minorities or women are treated equally.

BRIAN SCHAFFNER, TUFTS UNIVERSITY POLITICAL SCIENTIST

In important research, Schaffner and his colleagues found that the denial that racism or sexism exists in America was the best predictor in the 2016 election of support for Trump, far more than any measures of economic distress. On the other side, Schaffner found that the belief that racism and sexism are serious problems predicted support for Clinton more powerfully than economic attitudes, as well.

“Now the parties are very clearly sorted on issues of identity politics,” Schaffner says. “If you have fairly racist or sexist views you are … very likely to be a Republican. And if you have the opposite views you are very likely to be in the Democratic Party.”

Trump is now trusted less around the world than Putin or Xi. I generally agree with this. As much as I hate Putin and Xi, they tend not to spew stream-of-consciousness gibberish that is totally detached from reality like Trump and Kim Jong Un do.