Travels

Yes because I just can’t believe you would allow anyone to even see what your carpenter created knowing how particular you are about clean lines and quality work. Ironic may not be the right word. Maybe I should have called it bizarre.

Is there a picture of that horrible kitchen?

You don’t need a picture. Nothing to see. It’s white.

What happened Reg? Were you not clear on what you wanted? Some sort of miscommunication?

What miscommunication? He asked for a white kitchen. What he got was an ugly and a completely disappointing outcome of the vision in his head, which is going to cost him. I mean, he’s either going to have to invest in a new vision or learn to live with the old. Either way, he will have to pay the consequences for poor judgment. Just my self-righteous opinion.

I wrote about it here, Will. The contractor did nothing wrong. This is entirely my fault and I’ll pay the price. It’ll cost me a bit but less than many people spend on a watch and far less than many people spend on a car, so whatever.

Disappointing, Reg. I made some poor choices when refurbishing our house at Mollymook. I learned to live with them as I had had enough of the renovating process by that stage and it would have started a war if I wanted to rip anything out and start again. lol. A white kitchen sounds nice and fresh. Shame it was fugly. The kitchen companies usually provide a design so you can get a good idea as to exactly what you’re going to get. Did they do this for you?

Good question. As a former carpenter I understand how Kim feels. Time and again I have seen people live with the disruption remodeling causes. Dust is the worst of it. To go through all that and be unhappy with what you get would outrage me. I still don’t fully understand where things went wrong.

Here’s how it went wrong:

The kitchen looked great in espresso brown. It looked very dressy and it fit the condo. Here’s what it used to look like. I have a lot of amazing memories in this place. I built my data centers from this place. This was the home I had far away when I moved to Colombia.

The condo got serious water damage and the kitchen needed to be replaced.

I wanted to replace it with the same espresso brown we had, perhaps with a slight upgrade in quality (although what we had was already very good).

Isa had her heart set on a white kitchen. I thought “well, that will be ugly” and fussed, but everything else in the condo was my taste, not hers, and so eventually I gave in.

I ordered a white kitchen and paid many thousands for them to upgrade the quality of the cabinets.

The trades gave us exactly what we ordered.

It’s fugly as hell. Isa and I both agree that it is vastly worse than what we had before. It just doesn’t suit this place at all. It’s a country kitchen in a highrise condo and it looks absurd. Hideous.

This is very personal to me even though I am not an especially emotional man. I loved this place. It now disgusts me to look at it.

I will now pay someone else even more thousands to throw this fugly kitchen in the garbage and give us an espresso kitchen exactly as I wanted originally.

I am not blaming anyone else. I am not mad at anyone else. This is my doing. I will wear it. I will fix it.

Have you posted a photo of the white kitchen already? If not, will you?

I haven’t taken one. It’s impossible to give it the same context as the apartment is still a construction zone. No furniture, no lighting beyond the ceiling lights. You couldn’t compare them. Good thing I hadn’t planned on buying a Rolex anytime soon because that money’s going to go into the kitchen now. lol.

Ok. I think I get it now. Sorry about the Rolex.

are those the people that believe in heaven

from where i live, you can’t go an hour in any direction without seeing one of those roadside crosses that mark where someone had an accident and died.
you know the ones.
the cross is crooked and what once was a teddy bear is now just a sodden mass of fur.
that shrine to mybignancy looks like that.
keep the grass clipped, reggie

You know what they say about crooked crosses? I don’t either but it made me think of this scripture.

Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing. Inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
One version states they are wolves who come to attack you. Some versions exchange ravenous for other similar words. I don’t know which one is correct so I always just assume all of them.

Ferocious = brutal
Vicious = malicious
Ravening = black
Plundering = steal
Ravaging = lay waste
Wild = uncultivated
Voracious = insatiable
Savage = ferocious/vicious (rinse and repeat)

safe, fun, and sustainable community for everyone.

As Asia opens travel from the USA the number of new cases of coronavirus is as high or higher than it was at the peak of new cases during the Trump administration when the entire world was on lockdown in March and April of 2020. Only essentials were allowed on the streets and no one was allowed out without a mask on. Many of you supported that lockdown and the mask. Looking back, I do wonder what you think about these mandates now. Of course some of you have me on ignore so I can safely assume you have no opinion of value or you would take off your mask, take me off ignore and attempt to score some kind of active communication about this new world we are living in.
Today, the mask mandate is laxed in most places except in health care facilities and schools where children must wear them all day. These are the same children that were never affected by exposure to the virus.

Michele, the number of deaths per day is a tenth what it was under Trump. Don’t cherry pick facts.

I think only Dan has you on ignore. I could be wrong.

The logic is that if kids get it, they may not be hurt but they can pass it on to their parents who will be.

Every death, regardless of cause, was counted as Covid. Take your own advice.

And you’re saying it’s not now? The protocols have not changed anywhere.