The Pope

He was in the right. He grimaced. I think it hurt. He had to apologize because he is probably not supposed to show anger.

He also did not let people kiss his hand but he says he had a cold. Might be time to step down.

I agree that he was in the right. She forcefully yanked him. It was a human reaction.

1 Like

When I say might be time to step down, I mean he is 83 and finally starting to find people annoying. He deserves to have peace.

1 Like

Good movie ā€œThe Two Popesā€. He was a very modest South American bishop. Dressed plainly, took public transportation, lived a modest and humble life. I donā€™t think he likes all the Pope worship stuff.

1 Like

Me neither.

His predecessor however was a different story. I hope you get a chance to see that movie. Anthony Hopkins plays Benedict.

He was totally in the right. Donā€™t grab people. Thatā€™s just rude.

In any situation where a famous person walks up to the crowd to shake a few hands, itā€™s obvious and understood that 90% of the outstretched hands are not going to get shaken. You just accept it. This ungracious woman didnā€™t and she got off lightly.

Edited to add: Re kissing the ring, first itā€™s a pompous tradition and second, youā€™re going to live your life having endless colds and other viruses if you let thousands of people do that.

Lucky she didnā€™t try that to the Pope of Greenwich Village.

If I were the Pope (Will the first) I would have the ring grafted onto my ass. That would break up that tradition.

In addition, Iā€™m surprised his security team wasnā€™t on top of it right away.

1 Like

They were pretty quick. Itā€™s a balancing act between letting him look like he is engaging people freely and keeping the crazies away. This woman was no threat but she could easily have been holding a weapon.

Yeah she could have slit his wrist, maybe he shoud carry a tube of super glue. Will probably knows the stuff from the Vietnam War where it was introduced.

Sorry Mark, I played a different role in that war. Super glue would only be required for our lips if we got out of line. However I believe you are correct about itā€™s use there.

The spray band aid in skin color is a toned down version I believe.

I tried that crap once. Hurt like hell. I hated it. I notice itā€™s not available in local drug stores anymore. No loss as far as Iā€™m concerned.

The Alliance!

A Global Educational Pact. Sounds like a good idea.

Somehow I knew you would approve and Iā€™m thankful you enjoyed my post. Will you be getting a little (biblically contradictory) wet cross over your forehead as Catholic seal of salvation?

I can see you now, Reg. In my mindā€¦I see itā€¦

Youā€™re walking down main street of Vancouver wearing a wet niqāb. You look lovely.