The POM

Trees in spring.

2 Likes

India is now the most populous country in the world.

1 Like

They have better food than China, too.

Hopefully, Ding can come through and give China some good news for their citizens.

Wow. India average age is 29. They are really going to pull away.

They have a lot going for them but they also have a lot going against them. There was an excellent NYT podcast today about that. The general consensus is ā€œnoā€, they canā€™t beat China.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/27/podcasts/the-daily/india-population-superpower.html

Spring is here and weā€™ve started riding again. There is really nothing better than riding your bike around in spring. We met some old Punjabi guys in the park. Turbaned Sikhs. One guy had no legs. One of the others had an ancient bike he had ridden to the park. The third spoke no English. The guy with the old bike told us he had once been wealthy but he had lost everything. It didnā€™t matter. They had a beautiful day in the beautiful park, and they had each otherā€™s friendship. Thatā€™s more important than money or even legs.

This photo is of someone elseā€™s bike in a park by IlyaYurukin.

1 Like

Pakistan is a total mess lately. Imran Khan was arrested and his followers freaked out and killed a bunch of people. Now their supreme court has ordered him released. Itā€™s just a mess. This is a photo of Faisal Masjid in Islamabad, one of the few beautiful things in that country.

It doesnā€™t look like a mess from what you posted here. I do like the POM but somehow you managed to lose the opportunity to share the reality of what is really going on in Pakistan. Fortunately, I can help you with that. Unfortunately, itā€™s from a Telegram nut channel so you may need to fact check it for reliability.

I donā€™t just need to fact check it, I need to see if itā€™s rights-released, remember? I canā€™t use images under copyright. Iā€™ve mentioned this to you many times over the years.

Yeah, Iā€™m a pot smoker, remember? I was just referring to the fact that you didnā€™t offer any articles or pictures to back up your claim, which I was a little surprised by since you usually always do.

Geese. Interestingly, Vancouver has become home to about 2200 non-migratory geese. They just stopped flying south for the winter. They poop everywhere. The current plan is to kill them and give the meat to the natives.

Hopefully they donā€™t have to listen to native music.

Agreed! Horrible noise.

I hope that works out better for you than it did for China.

It probably will. It has been done before.

Oh, well in that case, Iā€™m sure your fearless Canadian leader understands what they are doing and the consequences of playing with nature. In the meantime, donā€™t forget to cover your hair, lest geese crap on you. Btw, it is a nice looking POM.

Bees.

pom

1 Like

The flowers are starting to bloom in Stryiskyi Rynok, Lviv, Ukraine. Credit: Ioann-Mark Kuznietsov

2 Likes

Puhretty!!

Oklahoma.

1 Like